Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Found a good deal on an Sunset Orange Sport 2dr softtop. I do not care about the lack of a satnav etc, but it doesn't have the alpine audio either.

So before pulling the trigger, can somebody ease my mind and tell me the standard speakers on the '15 are alright? Using the search engine gave me a whole lot of negative results about former years but nothing about the 15.

I know I would have checked the Alpine Audio system option if I would have ordered one, but a 6 months wait is not something I looked forward too.

Oh, and before you ask: no I can't test the sound either before purchase cause it's standing 400 miles away and the dealers here have no 2drs and no soft tops. In fact, I'm basing my decision upon a test drive with a 2012 unlimited with hard top. The closest I could get to testdrive a 2015 2dr softtop. And I had to wait 2 weeks for the dealer to organise it too. Imagine....

Anyway, thnx!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I wouldn't let speakers stop me from getting a vehicle I wanted.
Speakers are relatively cheap and easy to change and that is the major complaint of the sound system, poor speaker. Personally I don't think it is bad at all, true enough with the top off the volume needs to be up pretty high but still not maxed out and I don't get distortion.
So to answer your question, No the sound system is not all that bad....IMO.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm okay thnx. It's just that I've been waiting to buy one for years so I don't want to screw it up now by getting inpatient :)

But there is a positive side to the lack of the Alpine system(which I just realised: the storage compartment in the cargo is still there :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I will say the audio in my 2015 is nothing spectacular but it isn't so bad that it would have kept me from making the purchase. I did need to adjust the EQ to make it satisfactory but have been ok with it after doing that.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's not that bad. It kind of depends on what you're used to listening to. I have 6 Martin Logan speakers in my living room, and after a couple weeks with the new Jeep I had to make some improvements. I've added a JL Audio amp and 1-8" JL Audio sub, and have a pretty damn good sounding system. It's still not quite what I'd prefer due to the cheap Chinese speakers, but the amp made a tremendous difference. Mine is going in next week for 8 new Focal speakers. Then I'll be very happy with it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi all, Found a good deal on an Sunset Orange Sport 2dr softtop. I do not care about the lack of a satnav etc, but it doesn't have the alpine audio either. So before pulling the trigger, can somebody ease my mind and tell me the standard speakers on the '15 are alright? Using the search engine gave me a whole lot of negative results about former years but nothing about the 15. I know I would have checked the Alpine Audio system option if I would have ordered one, but a 6 months wait is not something I looked forward too. Oh, and before you ask: no I can't test the sound either before purchase cause it's standing 400 miles away and the dealers here have no 2drs and no soft tops. In fact, I'm basing my decision upon a test drive with a 2012 unlimited with hard top. The closest I could get to testdrive a 2015 2dr softtop. And I had to wait 2 weeks for the dealer to organise it too. Imagine.... Anyway, thnx!
IMO the basic radio setup is horrible. I hate mine and regret very much not seeking the upgrade, if it was even possible with buying my 2015 on the lot. It's not powerful at all, or clear. The speakers suck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wouldn't let speakers stop me from getting a vehicle I wanted. Speakers are relatively cheap and easy to change and that is the major complaint of the sound system, poor speaker. Personally I don't think it is bad at all, true enough with the top off the volume needs to be up pretty high but still not maxed out and I don't get distortion. So to answer your question, No the sound system is not all that bad....IMO.
New speakers won't do much if there isn't more power to send them. You can turn the basic radio all the way up and barely hear it with windows down. New speakers will not fix that

·
Registered
511 Posts
I am building a jeep on jeep.com and noticed the upgraded Alpine Stereo only comes with the Mopar Leather package, which is $2,695. Can you not upgrade just the stereo and not the leather? If so, how much is that?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I am building a jeep on jeep.com and noticed the upgraded Alpine Stereo only comes with the Mopar Leather package, which is $2,695. Can you not upgrade just the stereo and not the leather? If so, how much is that?
I'm able to select it w/o leather for $795.

·
Registered
384 Posts
if you are driving around with the soft top down and doors off do you really care? if your not an audiophile why spend the money? For what the factory wants for their alpine audio you can do some nice work aftermarket...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the standard audio on a 2015. I had terrible expectations from all the talk about them but I can't say I mind them. They aren't the best by any means but like the previous poster suggested, if the price is right I wouldn't pass it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Before my JK:
- drove a 2013 Tacoma that also had 8 factory speakers and it sounded "good". Even mix of high/mid/lows

-had a 2009 Silverado with custom sound setup. Well over 5k in audio.

With the JK:
-I don't hate it, but I definitely don't love it.
- relatively no low end
-not a lot of volume.
-with a good eq can sound decent enough with the 130 and regular speakers. (No alpines)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.