Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking about buying a this lift from superlift
:pc-ouch:
1.5" Jeep Suspension Lift Kit - 1987-1996 YJ - K722 | Superlift

or this one from skyjacker :jawdrop:

Skyjacker 2.5" Sport Suspension Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec

Can anyone give me a hint or review for a good quality daily driver from these two?
has someone used them?
Not looking for a stiff ride.

my setup is 4 cyl wrangler 95, 1"body lift, 31" tires. occasional offroad.

Please help, don't want to make a decision without consulting fellow jeepers.
:drinks:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is my ride, don't know if a 1.5 lift will lower ir or lift it... it seems like i am in the middle, but boy am i looking for a decent ride, you see it kind of backlashes, would superlift do the trick? for $521, BDS is $777, OME $1041 RE: $ 800, Tought contry $500, SKYJACKER SPORT $581.

It all comes to spring rate i guess... what's your experience? my city has some uneven pavement roads, and pot holes all over, you fall and it's like riding a skateboard with no suspension. looking for some flex, and suspension work. I mean i did torque the bolts and seemed to help but now it backlashes a little bit for my taste.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jxIaaK6Je8R2ExdDRvZ0pINzA/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi chestercospin, i notice you have a funny shackle at the back, does it help?
mine is like at 90 degrees to the chassis, a friend of mine tells me that it's not good.

How would you describe the superlift ride feel?
is the height close to stock?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a 4" skyjacker lift (shocks/leaf springs) and I am happy. I wouldnt say it's smooth but I'm not sure it's possible to achieve that with leaf springs on both axles. But I'm happy with skyjacker although I have much less experience than most here who may have owned vehicles with different brands and setups

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I have the 1.5" superlift kit, 1" bl and 3/8" shackles. Love the ride and it fits 31s great.
To me you look like your about where I am, 2.5" spring and 3/4" to 1" shackles, you may just need better Shocks, this said, I don't know what shocks you have, but the right ones make a big change of ride, some lift kits have shocks that you can jump hills and not hit bottom when you land, but ride like zhit, good shocks!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Start with some heavy duty boomerang shackles, preferably greasable and remove your track bars. If its still bad then try shocks.

I did a lot of research before removing my track bars. After almost a year I decided to try it but I only did it for offroading purposes. I had read a lot about the ride being better but it was inconsistent and I thought it must be the placebo effect. It definitely rides a lot better. My son, who hardly noticed the difference when I painted it, noticed how much less "backlash" there was. It does handle a bit different also but well worth the trade off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have tried procomp 3000 for a 2" lift...and i thought the ride was stiff...so i tried autozone shocks because i didnt wat to spend much trying ... right now the ride is stiff but kind of woobly because i torqued to 50 lb*ft, I am thinking to switch to the procomp now that i torqued the bolts to see what happens but they are for a 2" lift... i wonder if they would work. i dont think i have a 2" lift

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes i removed the trackbars already and yes it does make a difference, but still want to get a better ride, my back hurts, a lot of baklash, but yes i recomend removing the trackbars also, torque and tire pressure, now i wonder about oil shocks vs nitro shocks, spring rates and old bushings.

That's why i am wondering if to buy the superlift or the skyjacker kit which are around 550 dlls

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thinking about buying a this lift from superlift
:pc-ouch:
1.5" Jeep Suspension Lift Kit - 1987-1996 YJ - K722 | Superlift

or this one from skyjacker :jawdrop:

Skyjacker 2.5" Sport Suspension Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec

Can anyone give me a hint or review for a good quality daily driver from these two?
has someone used them?
Not looking for a stiff ride.

my setup is 4 cyl wrangler 95, 1"body lift, 31" tires. occasional offroad.

Please help, don't want to make a decision without consulting fellow jeepers.
:drinks:

Looks like you're already lifted. Best ride and flex with always come from a flat leaf spring. The larger the lift, the more arc, the firmer the spring (assuming leaf width, thickness, and materials are none variables).

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi chestercospin, i notice you have a funny shackle at the back, does it help?
mine is like at 90 degrees to the chassis, a friend of mine tells me that it's not good.

How would you describe the superlift ride feel?
is the height close to stock?
They are M.O.R.E. 3/8" boomerang shackles. Can't comment on angle.
The ride is good, a tad more bouncy than stock but not much. Its gotten better since installing last year. Leafs have settled. Its a YJ. Its a rough ride compared to a car. I tell my wife its my version of a core exercise.

You might want to try new shocks before replacing the leaf springs.

I gained just under 2" of lift over the stock springs they replaced, but my stock springs were shagging, so suspect I gained a true 1.5" over the factory height. hope this helps

·
Registered
263 Posts
They are M.O.R.E. 3/8" boomerang shackles. Can't comment on angle.
The ride is good, a tad more bouncy than stock but not much. Its gotten better since installing last year. Leafs have settled. Its a YJ. Its a rough ride compared to a car. I tell my wife its my version of a core exercise.

You might want to try new shocks before replacing the leaf springs.

I gained just under 2" of lift over the stock springs they replaced, but my stock springs were shagging, so suspect I gained a true 1.5" over the factory height. hope this helps
Shackle shape does not affect angle of shackle. eyelet to eyelet length on leaf spring and mounting location does.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts