Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Why not find a Rubi X?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The 10A Warn winch 9.5 cti retails for $2250 per my quick google search and comes with spydura synthetic rope and cool red accents. The Warn winch 9.5 cti with steel cable and w/o cool red accents retails for $1299. The spydura synthetic cable retails for $279.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The 10A Warn winch 9.5 cti retails for $2250 per my quick google search and comes with spydura synthetic rope and cool red accents. The Warn winch 9.5 cti with steel cable and w/o cool red accents retails for $1299. The spydura synthetic cable retails for $279.
I'm sorry, $2250 for a 9500 lb winch? What exactly does this thing do?!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Ya I agree. So I can get a warn winch with a red hook that's not the 10a winch
You'll have to paint the silver hook red as Warn doesn't sell them. There's a guy on eBay that sells the Warn 9.5cti with black steel Hawse fairlead and steel cable for $699. PM me if you want details. I picked one up and am thrilled with it.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Am I reading this thread correctly, jeep offers a winch option for $2250 and it's a 9.5CTI. I got the steel cable version for $1250, or you can go with the synthetic for $200 more. It is a very good water proof winch, there is no auxiliary power/control box to mount under the hood, you just mount it and hook two cables up to the battery.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Seems expensive.
You'll have to paint the silver hook red as Warn doesn't sell them. There's a guy on eBay that sells the Warn 9.5cti with black steel Hawse fairlead and steel cable for $699. PM me if you want details. I picked one up and am thrilled with it.
I won't disagree with 'expensive'. That seems a little over the top.

As for your $699 deal, can't argue with that. Nice score! Could you please PM the details? I've got a few friends in the market.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Please do not pay $2200 for a warn 9.5 cti winch. Even the warn 12k powerplant isn't that much.

SHHHH! I'm watching the guy like a hawk.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It's not the 10A winch. It's the 10A mounting plate with a not as good winch. OTOH, no matter what finch you buy, you are going to have to fork over another $450 for the winch mounting plate.
Check out Maximus, they sell a mounting plate for the 10A for $208.99. They also have different options for centering the winch (not sure if you realize that the mopar set up has the winch mounted off center). They are in the vendor section or here:

http://www.maximus-3.com/10a-x-rubicon.html

They have excellent customer service! They are located in Auburn Hills so contact them with questions, or drive over there, they are extremely helpful and love talking Jeeps.

·
Registered
138 Posts
+1 on Maximus.

I got their 10a winch stuff and mounted a Warn Zeon 12S. The whole thing cost < $ 2,250. Plus, as stated, CS is excellent. Did my install on a Sunday and they answered the phone when I called with a question. Try to get Chrysler to do that.

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
+1 on Maximus. I got their 10a winch stuff and mounted a Warn Zeon 12S. The whole thing cost < $ 2,250. Plus, as stated, CS is excellent. Did my install on a Sunday and they answered the phone when I called with a question. Try to get Chrysler to do that.
GREAT looking set up!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
+1 on Maximus.

I got their 10a winch stuff and mounted a Warn Zeon 12S. The whole thing cost < $ 2,250. Plus, as stated, CS is excellent. Did my install on a Sunday and they answered the phone when I called with a question. Try to get Chrysler to do that.
How did you get the 10A winch accessories?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts