Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited and brought it home Sat. I thought the warranty was transferable, but a friend at work who has an 09 said it was not. I did some searching on jeep.com and saw something that said the 07-09 lifetime Powertrain was not, but the warranty was changed in '10 to a 5 year/ 100,000 mile warranty, but it did not mention whether it could be transferred. I called the dealer, but they have not gotten back to me yet.
Thanks,

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It's assigned to the vehicle not the owner, so it doesn't get transferred but is in effect.

Chrysler dropped its lifetime warranty from 2010 models, replacing it with a 5 year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty which is assigned to the car itself, so that anyone who bought a used 2010 Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep second-hand, third-hand, etc., could get service without having to transfer the warranty.

The new 5/100 plan had no deductible; it was accompanied by the usual basic 3/36 warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts