Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced any issues with this bumper? Does it rattle or have any issues with quality?

I like the looks of it and the fact that it looks fairly straightforward to install. The AEV bumper is my first choice but the price is high... Just want to hear from those with the Body Armor bumper and their thoughts. The "you get what you pay for comment will surely come up"...

Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have it and love it. i also looked at the one you have as your first choice and switch to the body armor. I did NOT install it myself so i could not attest to ease of installation. the only problem i did have was with the High lift adapter that mounts to the top of it. while screwing it in, one of the self threaded holes (which is actually on the tire carrier) stripped. i ended up drilling through and putting a nut and bolt. was no big deal. Love the bumper (although i do wish i could recess lights into it) and the tire carrier has absolutely no rattle.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the pics. It looks great. Love the location of the lights too, the crappy stock backup lights is near the top of my very short list of shortcomings of my 2013 wrangler.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I really like mine. Installed it myself with my 9 yr old starting the frame bolts while I held it in place. Had no issue with quality and I love the way it looks. Now I'm just trying to figure a way to integrate a light and backup camera into the 2 holes under the tire.

·
Registered
91 Posts
thanks,
look at the thread for phashlights (spelling ?) i have the dually's on mine and were quite expensive. i think the others may be a cheaper alternative.

·
Registered
91 Posts
not sure what thread i saw it in, but there was one where a guy took the cut out the white section of his stock taillights and replaced them with flush mounted dually's. looked great. I think it was the caterpillar build (not 100%)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I'm going to order this bumper. It doesn't sound like the AEV one is worth a thousand dollars more, but I'll find out soon enough. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts