Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to special order my 2016 Sahara this week or next. According to the 2016 price guide there is a destination charge of $995. Is that cost negotiable or are you stuck paying the whole amount? Thanks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't think you can negotiate it, unfortunately. That fee is included on every car in the lot, even if it's their stock. You can negotiate the total cost of your Jeep though, to make up for the fee.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Nope, not negotiable.

Someone in Cleveland would pay the same charge as someone in Los Angeles...but it is what it is.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hawaii takes a beating. I am going to shoot for dealer cost less 5 percent as my agreed to price. First dealer that contacted me says we can do the ordering over the phone. As far as my price, realistic? His hold back money would be about $1100. So he's not losing any money.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
$995 delivery fee applies regardless if the vehicle is built in toledo (1hr away from my city) or if it's built in Italy (renegede)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Nope, I'm in Toledo and still get hit with it.
x2 also in Toledo and had to pay it. However when I bitched about it they lowered the dealer docking/prep fee way down from like $250 to $75 so other things are negotiable. Maybe get some locking lug nuts or some extra free oil changes or whatnot.

·
Registered
171 Posts
x2 also in Toledo and had to pay it. However when I bitched about it they lowered the dealer docking/prep fee way down from like $250 to $75 so other things are negotiable. Maybe get some locking lug nuts or some extra free oil changes or whatnot.
Yeah that's what I'm going to do once I get a little more info on the Black Bear edition and the color availability. Going for a 4dr Willy but if the Black Bear is worth while I may change up. I'll get free lifetime oil changes or a few free labor hours in the shop to install a lift etc. My dad's a master negotiator (on his 45-50th car) so he's taught me a few things ;)

It just sucks that I could literally walk to pick up my Jeep from the plant but still have to pay the destination fee.

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
It just sucks that I could literally walk to pick up my Jeep from the plant but still have to pay the destination fee.
Back when I worked at Chrysler we could purchase a vehicle we made and drive it home right from the assembly plant. However, we still had to pay the destination fee. It had something to do with the contract agreement with the transport company (Cassens).

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Yeah that's what I'm going to do once I get a little more info on the Black Bear edition and the color availability. Going for a 4dr Willy but if the Black Bear is worth while I may change up. I'll get free lifetime oil changes or a few free labor hours in the shop to install a lift etc. My dad's a master negotiator (on his 45-50th car) so he's taught me a few things ;) It just sucks that I could literally walk to pick up my Jeep from the plant but still have to pay the destination fee.
I hear ya, my uncle works there. He could have drive it home and saved me $1000 but we have to help offset the costs of shipping them to Dubai I guess. When you get yours give me a wave when passing. And check out wicked jeeps SE MI chapter. Aaron is a good guy who has a lot of activities. He's from Toledo as well, there are a few of us from Toledo.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I hear ya, my uncle works there. He could have drive it home and saved me $1000 but we have to help offset the costs of shipping them to Dubai I guess. When you get yours give me a wave when passing. And check out wicked jeeps SE MI chapter. Aaron is a good guy who has a lot of activities. He's from Toledo as well, there are a few of us from Toledo.
Yeah that's true. Oh well it's only another $1000 that in the end benefits Jeep.

I've seen a 4dr blue willy but I don't think I've seen a 2dr yet. I won't have mine for a while as I'm going to order from factory after after I decide on Willy/BlackBear/color but if you see someone in a little red genesis coupe wave it's me ;)

PM me the link to that as well, I'd love to be in a local Jeep group. I'm in a few local groups for my car right now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Back when I worked at Chrysler we could purchase a vehicle we made and drive it home right from the assembly plant. However, we still had to pay the destination fee. It had something to do with the contract agreement with the transport company (Cassens).
Having to pay the destination fee would suck still, but driving something that you personally built for yourself would make up the cost to me at least. Very cool.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Having to pay the destination fee would suck still, but driving something that you personally built for yourself would make up the cost to me at least. Very cool.
You pay that fee on any new vehicle you purchase at a dealer. They're on all their vehicles, special order or not.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The fee is not negotiable as others have said.

Flatrock Assembly Plant, formally AutoAlliance International, the plant where the current Mustang is built has a Ford dealer directly across the street. You pay a $995 destination fee if you buy a Mustang at the Ford dealer across the street and they just drive it across the street and walk back to the plant.

Like taxes, that fee is just unavoidable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
But you always can try to squeeze the discount! My dealer put the "student" $500 rebate even though I am not a student.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Think a $995 destination charge is bad?

Chevrolet charges you $990.00 for the "privilege" of picking up your new Corvette at the Bowling Green, Kentucky factory/museum.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts