Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I searched and found how to manually adjust it, but I ask if it is self adjusting like old drums are.... because if I pull the brake up sometimes it will go up (for ex:) 75% and other times 25% of the way up. meaning everytime I pull it up the tension is either at those two spots consistently. I can get it to catch at the 25% up if I raise it slowly....
Even though it is a 3 year old thread, others have posted on it this week. For others who have run into the parking brake locking up at 25% then other times at 75% of the way, in all likelihood the steel cord anchor, where it attaches to the level/drum has broken apart, thus sometimes it will get lodged further from the stop level, other times stops at that level, until one day is the steel anchor pops out after having bent the stop level enough, then the parking brake no longer works...

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Even though it is a 3 year old thread, others have posted on it this week. For others who have run into the parking brake locking up at 25% then other times at 75% of the way, in all likelihood the steel cord anchor, where it attaches to the level/drum has broken apart, thus sometimes it will get lodged further from the stop level, other times stops at that level, until one day is the steel anchor pops out after having bent the stop level enough, then the parking brake no longer works...

Thank you for the great visual. What is your recommendation to fix?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts