Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a rubicon sometime this week or weekend and I love the green but I’ve seen people not that into it and just having second thoughts if I should just go with a more generic color like red or black.. I just wanted a “fun” color and I imagine it would be hard to be pissed or mad looking at that shiny green Jeep everyday.

Also today someone at work asked what car I was getting since I lost mine in a flood about two weeks ago and told him probably a Jeep since we have like 5 in the parking lot and I’ve always sorta wanted one he just replied with “ok douche it up” and I can imagine the shit he’d say or anyone would if I show up next week in a shiny green Jeep.

I know I should probably not care what other people’s think but I can’t help it.

·
Super Moderator
62,680 Posts
Thinking of getting a rubicon sometime this week or weekend and I love the green but I’ve seen people not that into it and just having second thoughts if I should just go with a more generic color like red or black.. I just wanted a “fun” color and I imagine it would be hard to be pissed or mad looking at that shiny green Jeep everyday.

Also today someone at work asked what car I was getting since I lost mine in a flood about two weeks ago and told him probably a Jeep since we have like 5 in the parking lot and I’ve always sorta wanted one he just replied with “ok douche it up” and I can imagine the shit he’d say or anyone would if I show up next week in a shiny green Jeep.

I know I should probably not care what other people’s think but I can’t help it.

If you care what people think, don't get a Jeep. They are one of the most fun vehicles with a following that is next to none. People usually have strong feelings toward Jeeps....good or bad.

Also, unless someone is paying for your things.....why does it matter what they think?

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
Hell no, its an amazing color!

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
#ugly.

But as mentioned above...... i won't be driving it nor will i be paying for it, so get what you want and what you will be happy with.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
594 Posts
Get it! Awesome color. Don't make my mistake, I went white on my JKU 'cause my significant other.

Jeeps are fun, they drive like nothing else. I've been known to just drive around with no particular place to go, smiles per miles is what's all about.

Reactions: Big-Wille

·
Super Moderator
22,943 Posts
unless the co-worker is your wife you should not be concerned with what he/she/they like or don't like. Let me guess they drive a prius.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If YOU want it, get it. Don't worry what others think. He could also be quite jealous and that's his defense mechanism.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Go for whatever makes you turn your head back after you park it to gaze one more time in all its' glory.

Jeeps are so much fun and will change the way you drive. (i.e. a lot slower for me, but A LOT happier)

Tips for not "douching it up":
-Stay away from angry eye grills (or really almost any aftermarket grill imo),
-You don't need 6 LED light bars and 12 LED cubes and color changing LED under-glow lights,
-Don't put giant rims with tiny tires on it,
-Don't just go crazy and buy every accessory in the magazine right when you get it.

^ but... it's your jeep and do whatever the hell you want with it, you'll still get a wave from me :)

·
Premium Member
6,996 Posts
I traditionally like green as a vehicle color. Wild greens are not my thing. I would not have purchased a Gecko Green JK/JKU. The Mojito Green doesn't turn me off, but I wouldn't really go after it either.

But two facts - I drive a 2017 Chief in Chief Blue which is a very bright blue (like the Mojito Green, I joke about it glowing in the dark) and second, as others have said, the only opinion that counts is yours.

My recommendation is to rent one first if you haven't driven one before. They are quirky in many areas, but that is part of their charm. For example, you can load out a Rubicon and exceed 60 grand, but no power seats. Under the carpet, there are hole plugs in the floor. Both for the same reason, they are build to accept a certain amount of water incursion. The power window buttons are not on the doors but in the center of the dash. Up until 2007 power windows and locks were not even an option.

You will find yourself sitting more upright and looking down at top of some cars. My 2017 is tied for the best over the road vehicle I have ever owned, not the smoothest, but the best. It it tied with my 2015 JKU Sahara. The steering is fairly aggressive, taking a smaller turn input into the steering wheel than most cars.

XBD mentioned the wave. In the know Jeepers will wave at each other. The type of wave you use is up to you. Most lift the first two fingers up off the steering wheel when passing another Jeep. Some say the newest Jeep should initiate the wave. I just wave as soon as I can see the other driver for I figure he can then see my wave. Don't expect a return all the time. Some don't care, some don't know and a few are not paying attention.

You have already made a good first step by joining this forum. The members are the most helpful and friendliest I have encountered on any forum. I used to moderate another (non Jeep related) forum until it shut down and it was not nearly as friendly and helpful as this one is.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's all personal opinion and preference. What matters is do you really like it and is it a color that you would enjoy having. You have to be honest with yourself there. Nothing worse than ending up hating this awesome new toy you bought. I went back and forth when I picked solar yellow, but it was the best choice and I love it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I’m not a fan of the Mojito Green, but it doesn’t really matter what I like, does it. You Like it, get it. Some people might not like the copper brown that mine has.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I like odd colors and buy what I like, not others. My wife didn’t like my Commando Green JKU when I bought it but the color grew on her and now she drives it all the time.

If you like it, buy it. If you’re worried about what others think then I can’t help much. Good luck making the choice!

·
Knows a couple things...
48,846 Posts
I saw one with that color last week and I couldn't stop staring at it and thinking how much I hated that color on a Jeep. My bigger concern would be its resale value since not many people would want to buy that color when you're ready to sell it.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I think the color is pretty damn sharp.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 134 Posts