Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a Jeep Wrangler Sahara edition has a hundred and forty thousand miles on it power windows door locks CD player wheels and tires are new brush guard from bumper and swing out spare tire rack. guy is asking $16,800 what are the thoughts? I would say the Jeep is above average overall.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$14.5k. The mileage kills it. It fits have new wheels and tires, paid $2k for. The reason he's selling is that his commute went from 8 miles/one way/per day to 30 and well you know it isn't a high mileage rig.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
That still seems high to me.... just too many miles for my liking. Depending on what lift it has it might not ride very well
Agree, could have a crap lift and drive like a pos. it has been listed for 24 days for a reason. 140k on a lifted Jeep could be very hard miles.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
with that many miles, it has to be a 3.8. and being a 3.8 it is probably on the 2nd motor or getting close.

I would spend a couple thousand more and get one with half as many miles.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm thinking about going no higher than $15.5.
Take it for a test drive. If it rides nice and seems to run good I'd go for $15,000. You'll likely need to rebuild the engine in the next couple of years and of course the transmission. Still could be a nice rig tho if you plan on keeping it for several years.

Might be a candidate for a V8 swap....:)

·
Registered
356 Posts
with that many miles, it has to be a 3.8. and being a 3.8 it is probably on the 2nd motor or getting close.

I would spend a couple thousand more and get one with half as many miles.
This is good advice!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
140k miles for $16k are you serious ? Run run away as fast as you can. Go get a brand new stripped 2 door for $24k and take the money that you would have kept spending to keep that wore out one running and build the new one the way you want it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I wouldn't pay $12,000 for that Jeep. Way too many miles. And even many more than showing if he didn't recalibrate the speedo after lift. Could be closer to 200,000. Many many more choices out there.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I wouldn't pay $12,000 for that Jeep. Way too many miles. And even many more than showing if he didn't recalibrate the speedo after lift. Could be closer to 200,000. Many many more choices out there.
Didn't know that about recalibration after a lift. One hell of a educational forum.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts