Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
searching for my first jeep. saw a rubi x for the first time. it had steel front and rear bumpers along with a different hood and other lil options. is the rubi x worth the extra over the non x? most people change the front bumper anyways..the thing i really like is the hood.

on a side note..do all rubi's come with 4.10's? didnt see it on the window sticker but do see it on other rubi's.

thanks

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
If it is worth it to you, it is worth it. If it isn't, it is not. (Like that answer?)

All Rubi manuals come with 4.10's. Automatics come with 3.73's (and 4.10's are an option).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is worth it to you, it is worth it. If it isn't, it is not. (Like that answer?)

All Rubi manuals come with 4.10's. Automatics come with 3.73's (and 4.10's are an option).
ok..so im guessing this one has 3.73's than since its not listed and is an auto.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Depends on if you like the bumpers or not. If so, then you will keep them and that makes the decision a little easier to swallow. Also, the X comes with black leather, which may or may not work for you. Just a couple of things to think about.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
ok..so im guessing this one has 3.73's than since its not listed and is an auto.
That would be a correct assumption. The bumpers on the X are very nice. The hood you can buy aftermarket if that's just something you want to add down the road. I'm sure it's possible to find the bumpers too, I've just never seen them. As Mark said, it's a personal choice. If you like the X go for it.

If you're seriously considering it and you like the looks, you're probably better off going with an X and not having buyers remorse. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Was worth it to me, but I plan to stay almost completely stock. I think if you are planning to upgrade everything, then go with a regular Rubicon and build on that.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
is the rubi x worth the extra over the non x?
Absolutely yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

(What else would anyone expect me to say? :D )

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was worth it to me, but I plan to stay almost completely stock. I think if you are planning to upgrade everything, then go with a regular Rubicon and build on that.
yes thats exactly what im thinking. i love to upgrade my vehicles so probly wouldnt be best to spend the extra.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
If you are expecting the X to be a functional upgrade over the regular rubi of the same magnitude as the rubi is over the sport and sahara, then no, not even close really. If you like the bumpers, would get the leather anyway, like the hood, basically the "trimmings" so to speak, get the X.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
yes thats exactly what im thinking. i love to upgrade my vehicles so probly wouldnt be best to spend the extra.
If you plan to upgrade like you say, then I wouldn't buy the "Rubicon-X". You buy the "Rubicon-X" so you can save on a package deal, which includes stuff you are most likely going to replace.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Seems worth it to me if you want leather seats, premium sound and connectivity group. With those options the Rubicon stickers for $38,580. The X is $40,090 (both with destination. So for $1,510 you get the hood, bumpers, upgraded rails. With paint the hood alone must be around $1,000?

·
Registered
29 Posts
If a rubicon then it will have rubicon options. The X version is not rubicon. Make sure you know which it is before you buy. If you want to offroad before building or without having to build, then the rubicon version would be a big advantage with the lockers, 4:10, d44 front & rear + the low geared transfer case. I can say the X & Sport versions still do really well while offroading and some people think its a waste to buy rubicons if your going to build and change the factory rubicon options with better parts. In other words if you plan on running d60s different gears and 35+" tires changing transfer case to atlas then I would just run with the sport or X version. I went with rubicon with just plans of lift and wheels & tire change. As for bumpers they all have stock plastic if it's metal bumpers it's more than Likely aftermarket bumpers.
Jklucas,

You smoking something?? There is a Rubicon X that does indeed have metal bumpers and not the plastic like all other Jeeps!

Rubicon X: Heat reduction hood
10th Anniversary Rubicon hood decals
Steel front bumper with removable end caps
Steel rear bumper with AEV capable rear tire carrier
Black leather with white thread on seats
Red 10th Anniversary shocks
10th Anniversary black wheels
Upgraded EVIC information center
I believe heated seats are std on Rubicon X also
Red axle lock button
Red sway bar disconnect button
Mopar Slush mats
Red Jeep recovery bag with Warn strap and D rings and gloves
And yes is does have Dana 44's!

So yes, there are special features to the Rubicon X! It is essentially a 10th Anniversary titled as a 2014, minus the 10th Anniversary badging and available red leather. I have been told that the 10th Anniversaries have an extra 1/2" of lift due to a special spring package, but every Rubicon X Unlimited that I have seen have the same exact springs. Just my 2 cents.

King Con

·
Administrator
16,992 Posts
+1 on everyone else's opinion.

I knew we were removing bumpers and adding waterproof seat covers, so we went with a regular rubi. But I LOVE that hood!!!! Gonna have to get me one of those :)

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Yea I see that now thanks for correction. Already edited my retarded reply. Learn somthing new everyday.
Yeah, I was assuming you got the Rubi X mixed up with the Willys....or with the original X package, which was a Sport.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah, I was assuming you got the Rubi X mixed up with the Willys....or with the original X package, which was a Sport.
Yea wasn't up to date on my newer JKs. I was assuming original X. Stopped looking at them after I bought my 2011 & was jealous cause the 12s and newer had better motors didn't want to keep beating myself up. It's all good continue on with thread not trying to hijack

·
Registered
429 Posts
I specifically factory ordered an X. I love the hood and would have ordered prem sound, heated seats anyway. I like the bumbers and will someday likely replace them it wont be anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts