Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I would like to fit a high quality grille behind the seven openings but my 2017 JK has plastic inserts in the openings. Has anyone found a grille which would fit? Many thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
whhhhat lol that's like putting a spoiler over a spoiler just cuz u want more down force lol

but for being real if u do that ull just limit the air going threw ur front end to ur rad... either remove the stock ones and add the ones u want or leave it as is

·
Registered
367 Posts
whhhhat lol that's like putting a spoiler over a spoiler just cuz u want more down force lol

but for being real if u do that ull just limit the air going threw ur front end to ur rad... either remove the stock ones and add the ones u want or leave it as is
. No there are plastic trim inserts for accent on let's say the 75th anv. I think he wants to add a mesh screen behind that for protection to the radiator. But a spoiler on a jeep would be awesome sauce.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
If you have the '16 and newer Sahara style inserts (same fit as the Polar/Dragon/Altitude inserts), you can modify the back of your grille by removing the protruding plastic tabs on the OEM plastic inserts, or modify the grille inserts to fit your grille by notching them to fit over those tabs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just Dremel down the tabs securing the trim inserts, enough to fit the mesh over. I did it on my 2014 Altitude. Worked just fine. Good luck!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for tutorial. I'm going to have to probably do something like this too. I've got a new Recon coming in and I want to install a Metal Crafters grill insert in it.
I hate to modify the original grill in any way, but the MC grill insert is just too good not to use.
The MC grill is not only good looking and well built, it also serves a functional use of keeping debris from damaging the radiator or AC condenser.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
I said F it and bought the T Rex insert because it has the hole cutout for the hood lock. We are basically screwed when it comes the the types of grills come on our Jeeps. Looks like I will be trimming plastic tabs off the back of my grill to install it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts