Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I learned with my FJ Cruiser that there is a market for most stock parts that you replace with aftermarket parts, a little late but I did learn the lesson.

I am new to the Jeep world. We bought a 2016 Rubicon and we are changing out the wheels and tires.

Is there a market for the wheels? If so what kind of price?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
sure there is a market just not a very good one. brand new rims and tires from a rubicon are worth anywhere from $600-800 if you don't want to sit on them forever. If you don't mind storing them you might find the right buyer to give you $1000 if they are new and that is tires and rims. your local craigslist is your best bet. You do not have enough posts to try and sell them on this forum.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Everyone says Craigslist is great for Jeep parts, but omaha's site is almost dry :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am in the same boat. Cannot really find much locally on Craigslist.

If I knew I could sell my originals then I would go ahead and order the replacements but dont want to get stuck with both sets and out the $$.

Was considering trying to sell my originals before I order the new set and worst case be without wheels for a couple of days.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think there is. I didn't sell my Rubicon wheels until I wore out the stock tires, but I eventually got $400 for the set of five when they were four years-old by listing them on Craigslist. I was pretty happy with that deal given that I was competing with folks selling brand new takeoff wheels with tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts