Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm thinking about new tires/wheels/sound system I'm starting to hind away from getting a Sahara.

The only thing keeping me on is the same color body fender and hard-top. Is there any way to get this on a Sport? Order the part custom from Chrysler or something? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You could order them from the dealer or if you're patient you can search the forums/craigslist/ebay to see if you can find someone selling them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea how much they go for? I'll ask local dealer.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yea you'll need to give them a call. I'd bet they are fairly pricey. You could also take your plastic ones into a body shop and have them painted.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Since I'm thinking about new tires/wheels/sound system I'm starting to hind away from getting a Sahara.

The only thing keeping me on is the same color body fender and hard-top. Is there any way to get this on a Sport? Order the part custom from Chrysler or something? Anyone?
Are you crazy ...
Read this ....

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/warning-to-those-buying-new-jeeps-199219.html

If anything DO NOT get the factory painted ones but buy aftermarket.
Rob .....

·
Registered
28 Posts
What is wrong with the black fenders? Depending on what color your Jeep is depends on if painted fenders would look. I have a gecko green 4dr and I think if the fenders matched that green it would look horrible. It is all personal preference.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The black plastic fenders were THE number one reason why I bought a Sport. If you take your Jeep off-road and scratch those nice painted fenders it'll cost you a small fortune to retouch/repaint/buff them. On the plastic ones you just wipe them down with some Armor All or so and you're done.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
If your set on painting yours then I would find a local body shop and ask them to do it. They can pull the factory paint code and paint them the same color.

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't understand, just because one person is complaining about a bad painted fender (which he won't even post a picture of) you assume that all factory painted fenders are bad? I have a 2013 Sahara and my fenders look awesome.
Ummmm .... if you know how to use the Web correctly
I posted a link in that post of many pictures
of the affected area. If you do not have them consider yourself .....
not normal .......
Because according to the Chrysler Bussiness Center I have it in
official writing that having these so called paint defects is normal.
And BTW ... They said they were normal after they
approved having some done and then finding out most
if not all have it done in some way of another. Some
very worse than others.
Rob .....

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
most aftermarket flares are paintable and you have a lot of choices to choose from..I would find the style of flare you prefer and either paint or have it painted check Bushwacker,Xenon or Tag you will get more of a custom look save money and get a better product than from dealer.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ummmm .... if you know how to use the Web correctly
I posted a link in that post of many pictures
of the affected area. If you do not have them consider yourself .....
not normal .......
Because according to the Chrysler Bussiness Center I have it in
official writing that having these so called paint defects is normal.
And BTW ... They said they were normal after they
approved having some done and then finding out most
if not all have it done in some way of another. Some
very worse than others.
Rob .....
Relax dude, untwist your briefs a bit. You bought a Chrysler/Dodge vehicle, if you wanted higher quality paint and finish you should have bought German. Just enjoy the Jeep as it was intended :thumb:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Relax dude, untwist your briefs a bit. You bought a Chrysler/Dodge vehicle, if you wanted higher quality paint and finish you should have bought German. Just enjoy the Jeep as it was intended :thumb:
It was not intended to have piss poor paint issues. :doh:

·
Registered
806 Posts
So you are saying someone that buys a new 2013 Dodge pickup
and spends $30,000 to $40,000 and they do a crappy job painting
it, it is not a big deal ?
Seriously ? Nice that you have money burning a hole in your
pocket to waste on inferior workmanship !
Not all people buy a Wrangler or any Jeep product to trail trash it.
1. We bought ours for the better mpg than my Dodge ( 22 vers 11 )
because I do 106 miles a day.
2. Because of the Winters here we wanted a 4x4
3. The convience of parking it easier when out shopping
then the other two trucks we own.
4. The convience of having a convertible.
5. The fun factor driving around with the tops and doors off.

That being said ..... I love my friggin Jeep and consider it the
BEST purchased fun and practical vehicle I have ever bought
in my 58 years. I have owned over 30 motorcyles of all sorts
( 4 Harley's in the stable right now with one being a Trike )
and 10 trucks ( 4x4 pickups, full size vans, Ramchargers
& the Wife's Avy ) over the years.
Rob .....

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Damn right Rob

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The black plastic fenders were THE number one reason why I bought a Sport. If you take your Jeep off-road and scratch those nice painted fenders it'll cost you a small fortune to retouch/repaint/buff them. On the plastic ones you just wipe them down with some Armor All or so and you're done.
Agreed. My criteria was non-painted top/fender on this one. I quickly found they get scratched on the trails but also they get rock chips from normal driving.

·
Contorting Member
242 Posts
I personally like the contrast of the black fenders on the rest of the Jeep. That being said, nobody should have to put up with cracking paint right off the dealer parking lot.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Please stop refering it to cracking paint because it is not .
It is a ridge line that is not sanded down smooth before painting.
Rob ....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts