Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really want to lift my Jeep, it looks good sitting on 33s and I'm happy with it. The most challenging terrain I negotiate is the parking lot at Whole Foods, and I already only just fit into one or two of the parking garages downtown.

However, I want to put a new front bumper on and I imagine that it's going to add some weight, and with the rake already noticeable I'm concerned it will look a little odd. Is it possible to get something that will allow me to compensate for and remove the rake including the additional bumper weight, but not actually increase the overall height of the truck?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I can tell though, they still add height. For example, the Teraflex levelling kit adds 2" to the front and 1" to the rear. I really don't want it to go any higher.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wont you lose most of that gain with the added weight you want to add?
Not on the rear, I wasn't planning to do anything with the back bumper. I guess the suggestion to just put the front part of a levelling kit in and see if it looks right is probably the best one.

Are the pucks interchangeable i.e. if I bought the Teraflex kit, could I use the 1" rear spacers at the front or are they designed differently for front and rear? I've never done anything like this before so it's all a bit of an unknown for me.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
As far as I can tell though, they still add height. For example, the Teraflex levelling kit adds 2" to the front and 1" to the rear. I really don't want it to go any higher.
When you add the extra weight to the nose of the Jeep, you're gonna lose height. To bring it back up to stock level, you need to add height. That added height would be negated by the lost height and bring you close to where you started. Also, you mentioned removing the rake. To remove rake, you have to add height to the front. If you really didn't want to go the leveling kit route, I guess you could try swapping in some really stiff springs up front and see how that goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts