Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Jeep Wrangler **Factory Order Special** Only $19,995 For Sale | Toronto (Mississauga) ON

Prices in link are CAD. $0.80 CAD = $1 USD. Jeep is $16k USD, tires $3200 USD.

1. I drove manual a few times, but still getting used to doing it smoothly. I live in the city (downtown) for 8 months of the year (winter), but mostly walk anyways. Should manual be a big deal or should I be looking for automatic? Soft top okay? I'm in Canada and its cold but will only need to drive it on weekends in the winter, maybe less.

2. Is $3200 USD for those wheels and tires a good deal? What kind are they? I'm assuming they're double the normal price.

3. Is $16,000 USD a good deal for that?

Any thoughts? My first Wrangler.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Unless I'm reading wrong the jeep with stock wheels is $19,995 not $16000. Says the wheels are not included at the advertised price which is $19995 and can be included for an additional $3995. Which would make this jeep $23,990

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Unless I'm reading wrong the jeep with stock wheels is $19,995 not $16000. Says the wheels are not included at the advertised price which is $19995 and can be included for an additional $3995. Which would make this jeep $23,990
THats how I am reading it too...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please re-read the post. I said prices were in Canadian Dollars, and I converted them to US Dollars for everyone.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've seen this dealership advertise on auto trader with a stock image like this a lot. They were advertising a deep cherry red wrangler with wheels and tires like that for about two years. They even had a posting stating it was a 2014 when it was clearly a 2012 or 2013.

Likely just to get you in the door. Good sales tactic however it begs the question on what their other tactics are like.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Please re-read the post. I said prices were in Canadian Dollars, and I converted them to US Dollars for everyone.
But is that the same conversion that Chrysler uses for their vehicles when pricing them for the Canadian market?

I would be real interested in seeing what invoice is, for a base Sport, from any Canadian dealer. Would it be around CAN$20K ???

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
But is that the same conversion that Chrysler uses for their vehicles when pricing them for the Canadian market?

I would be real interested in seeing what invoice is, for a base Sport, from any Canadian dealer. Would it be around CAN$20K ???
I don't see CDN$ next to those figures, so I am still assuming that they are advertising in US dollars. Not sure how Canada reflects their dollar, but I thought they used the "CDN" proceeding any "$" symbol.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The conversion is wrong if .8 canadian = $1 USD than that jeep is 19995 + 25% = 25KUSD without the fancy wheels.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
The conversion is wrong if .8 canadian = $1 USD than that jeep is 19995 + 25% = 25KUSD without the fancy wheels.
^^ This, $24993.75

EDIT: Looks a ZERO option Jeep. Which I think is really cool, but not for everyone.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I don't see CDN$ next to those figures, so I am still assuming that they are advertising in US dollars. Not sure how Canada reflects their dollar, but I thought they used the "CDN" proceeding any "$" symbol.
Canadian dealer advertise in Canadian dollars, that's how it works.

Why don't American dealers put USD after every price? No one does that.

Either way, it's $16k USD base model.

·
Registered
644 Posts
The advert is a little deceptive.

1. The upcharge for the wheels ("Wheels shown with this vehicle are not included in this advertised price. They can be purchased for an additional $3,995.") leaves me wondering how they'll deal with customers who want the vehicle but not the wheels.

Will they hit such customers with labor charges to revert the wheels?

2. $4k for tires / wheels is a crazy upcharge.

3. Why wouldn't they publish the price with the wheels included? It's not exactly a "trojan horse" but the price is intended to draw interest so they can hit buyers with a premium for the tires/wheels.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Canadian dealer advertise in Canadian dollars, that's how it works.

Why don't American dealers put USD after every price? No one does that.

Either way, it's $16k USD base model.
Maybe those silly Canadians should have stayed with the Canadian Pound :p

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
The advert is a little deceptive.

1. The upcharge for the wheels ("Wheels shown with this vehicle are not included in this advertised price. They can be purchased for an additional $3,995.") leaves me wondering how they'll deal with customers who want the vehicle but not the wheels.

Will they hit such customers with labor charges to revert the wheels?

2. $4k for tires / wheels is a crazy upcharge.

3. Why wouldn't they publish the price with the wheels included? It's not exactly a "trojan horse" but the price is intended to draw interest so they can hit buyers with a premium for the tires/wheels.

From what I get out of it, its a custom factory order. It would come into the dealer with the stock wheels, which are in last pic, from the factory.

Though, I have to wonder if their profit model expects the customer to also buy the wheels. In other words, its with the wheels that they make their profit. And the wheels might even cover any loss they get with the CDN$20 Wrangler.

Yea, we'll sell you a stripped down base Wrangler for CDN$20K, but you also have to buy the wheel package for CDN$4K????

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
I just checked Jeep.ca, and a stripped Wrangler is $23,195, minus their Jeep's Incentive Cash Discount of $2,500, yields an official price of $20,695.

So, it seems that this dealer is willing to sell these Wranglers for CDN$700 under sticker.

I don't think that such, would be an impossibility.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts