Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still learning about my new to me jeep as it is my first. I am near certain this is a body lift but i have never installed one before so is this what a body lift is? Its like spacers between the frame and the body of my Jeep. Maybe a 1 inch body lift?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,135 Posts
Oh ok, is that were the body lift would go if i ever put one on?
Yep, exactly. Body lifts are pretty easily installed, just stick with nothing higher than 1" to 1.25". 2" and ESPECIALLY 3" body lifts just cause more issues and are harder to get installed and get everything like the shifters working properly.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, exactly. Body lifts are pretty easily installed, just stick with nothing higher than 1" to 1.25". 2" and ESPECIALLY 3" body lifts just cause more issues and are harder to get installed and get everything like the shifters working properly.
Thanks Jerry, also would you recomend a 1.25 bl/ 2.5 suspension combo lift or a 4 inch suspension lift? Im torn between the two from rough country

·
Knows a couple things...
49,135 Posts
Personally I'd rather have a 3" suspension lift and 1" body lift than a straight 4" suspension lift. With a 4" suspension lift, you also have the expense of a SYE kit and CV driveshaft that becomes strongly recommended once you get to that height. You can get by with a small t-case drop together with, sometimes, a 1" motor mount lift which combine to get rid of the vibes caused by a 3" suspension lift. Not to mention a 3" suspension lift plus a 1" body lift has a slightly lower center-of-gravity than a 4" suspension lift does.

And I'm no fan of the rough ride you get with the shocks that come in a Rough Country lift. I'm no fan of Skyjacker or ProComp either. I'd probably go for 3" springs from Savvy and shocks from Savvy, Rancho R9000xl, Old Man Emu, or the special Bilstein 5100 shock (not their standard 5100 which rides too stiffly) that is valved specially for the Wrangler. Give Gerald Lee (co-owner) a call at www.savvyoffroad.com and he'll guide you through the maze of what works/rides well. :)

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
Rough country isn't that bad, I beat mont for 100k miles. the shocks were just stiff. I've got their long arm upgrade now and love it

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Thanks Jerry, also would you recomend a 1.25 bl/ 2.5 suspension combo lift or a 4 inch suspension lift? Im torn between the two from rough country
A 4" would be better, but will require a lot more to do right (SYE CV driveshaft, adjustable rear control arms). I say this because it will lift your belly higher off of obstacles and provide plenty of up and down travel. A combo lift can be very effective too though. I currently run a 3" SL + 1.25" BL. I will be changing this out within the next year though.

And sjones is correct, the RC lift is not a good lift. They would be at the bottom of the chart along with ProComp and SkyCrapper.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally I'd rather have a 3" suspension lift and 1" body lift than a straight 4" suspension lift. With a 4" suspension lift, you also have the expense of a SYE kit and CV driveshaft that becomes strongly recommended once you get to that height. You can get by with a small t-case drop together with, sometimes, a 1" motor mount lift which combine to get rid of the vibes caused by a 3" suspension lift. Not to mention a 3" suspension lift plus a 1" body lift has a slightly lower center-of-gravity than a 4" suspension lift does.

And I'm no fan of the rough ride you get with the shocks that come in a Rough Country lift. I'm no fan of Skyjacker or ProComp either. I'd probably go for 3" springs from Savvy and shocks from Savvy, Rancho R9000xl, Old Man Emu, or the special Bilstein 5100 shock (not their standard 5100 which rides too stiffly) that is valved specially for the Wrangler. Give Gerald Lee (co-owner) a call at Savvy Offroad and he'll guide you through the maze of what works/rides well. :)
Thank you Jerry! Always a great help! :thumb:

·
Registered
270 Posts
The only reason I didn't suggest Savvy is I figured by your listed options you were on a budget, and Savvy isn't exactly cheap. With that said, they are the best of the best. I'm replacing my suspension with all Johnny Joints (Currie items that Savvy uses) as well as adding Savvy corner armor. If you can afford it, Savvy all day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts