Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara white with a body collared white top and red interior. Absolutely gorgeous combination. It is loaded with the sticker price of 41,500. I'm in the middle of buying a house and to lower my debt ratio I was considering selling this brand-new Jeep. It is only driven on the weekends as a secondary vehicle in South Florida. Never been off Road. It sits in a garage. Mileage on it is 4500. What do you think in your opinion is a fair price to ask? I was thinking between 37,000 $38,500.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's a lot of mileage and $$ on a vehicle driven weekends only if it is a 2015

I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara white with a body collared white top and red interior. Absolutely gorgeous combination. It is loaded with the sticker price of 41,500. I'm in the middle of buying a house and to lower my debt ratio I was considering selling this brand-new Jeep. It is only driven on the weekends as a secondary vehicle in South Florida. Never been off Road. It sits in a garage. Mileage on it is 4500. What do you think in your opinion is a fair price to ask? I was thinking between 37,000 $38,500.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
It was a 2015, delivered in 2014, if I remember correctly. So it's probably six months old. Not too far outside 'standard' 1000/month miles.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly starbrite. The car was driven from my house in Boynton Beach to car shows or to South Beach boat shows. The car was purchased in September 2, 2014. Last week I was in Homestead race wait so technically there's not a lot of mileage. 4500 miles over a six-month period is 9000 miles a year. Not exactly sure why anybody would think that's a lot of mileage regardless if it is driven on the weekends or every day. I had a dealer offer me 34,900. So asking 36500to 37500 should be fair.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
All you can do is try to sell it for that and if you don't have anyone interested you know you can go down to 34,900.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If the dealer is going to offer you 34,900 for it you should be able to post it for 37 or 38,500. leaving you some wiggle room if and when someone makes you an offer. worst case you go back to the dealer asking them for say 36,000.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Exactly starbrite. The car was driven from my house in Boynton Beach to car shows or to South Beach boat shows. The car was purchased in September 2, 2014. Last week I was in Homestead race wait so technically there's not a lot of mileage. 4500 miles over a six-month period is 9000 miles a year. Not exactly sure why anybody would think that's a lot of mileage regardless if it is driven on the weekends or every day. I had a dealer offer me 34,900. So asking 36500to 37500 should be fair.
Take it to the CarMax in Boynton, too. The one on the side of 95. They ALWAYS made us better offers on our trade ins when we were buying new cars. We'd take them to CarMax before we asked the dealership for an appraisal and then they low balled us, we'd whip out the CarMax offer and they'd cave. CarMax offered me $2000 more than the dealership here in Texas would, and the dealership here wanted me to buy new tires and brakes before they would give me anything. Needless to say, I took the CarMax offer and ran before they could change their minds! :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
4,500 miles in 6 months? I have 5,000 miles in my first 4 weeks (which is today)! At least the gas mileage makes it easy. Now if I can just get a better handle on sarcasm...

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
4,500 miles in 6 months? I have 5,000 miles in my first 4 weeks (which is today)! At least the gas mileage makes it easy. Now if I can just get a better handle on sarcasm...
I REALLY need to invent that sarcasm font. I'd make MILLIONS!!! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts