Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to install a 1 inch body lift to go with my lcg pro teraflex lift installed by the previous owner to run 35s on my new to me 2004 Rubicon. I was looking at the daystar 1 inch kit, and after reading here I was wondering if I should also do a 1 inch MM lift at the same time to avoid issues. I climbed under my new rig and found this, in my mind I am not sure because this doesn't look like 1 inch to me but I am just wondering if maybe this produces a 1 inch lift even though it isn't 1 inch itself, or I could be wrong. I attached as many photos as I can to explain. Please look at the fan position, am I good to throw the 1 inch body lift in and not have it rub? I have heard that you need a new gas filler tube as well as work done to the Trasfer case shifter linkage, is this true? The previous owner also had a spacer installed in the skid plate and what also looks to me like a different transfer case output assembly as well as a driveshaft...I definitely want the extra 1 inch body lift clearance so just wondering if I should lift it as is? Or purchase new motor mount lifts or was also thinking of going with a new motor mount like the one currie makes with the 1 inch integrated, that looks a bit more solid although I could be wrong...thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Looks like you do have a 1" MML. You can install a 1-1.25" Body lift with adjustments to the fan shroud and a T/C linkage bracket. You should not have to mess with extending the gas filler line as long as you don't go over a 1.25" BL.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
The rear drive shaft is not a cv shaft. It is a stock Rubicon 2-u-joint drive shaft.

If adding a 1" body lift, if your original mounts are in good shape, I suggest you just pick a bl that uses spacers. I put a Daystar 1" bl on mine and wished I hadn't. The factory mounts are far superior to the Daystar mounts IMO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rear drive shaft is not a cv shaft. It is a stock Rubicon 2-u-joint drive shaft.

If adding a 1" body lift, if your original mounts are in good shape, I suggest you just pick a bl that uses spacers. I put a Daystar 1" bl on mine and wished I hadn't. The factory mounts are far superior to the Daystar mounts IMO.
Thanks for the info....I was leaning towards the same thing. Glad I have Amazon PRime, I ordered the daystar kit and am going to switch to a puck setup

·
Registered
350 Posts
I cut a 1" body lift for my 2000 TJ outta poly-pucks. Been in there since 2001! When I get around to replacing these (maybe this spring), I'm gonna put in hockey pucks this time around.
Consider that instead of dropping the money on a "purchased" lift. It's so simple. And they work...
Remember to trim up that fan shroud. And despite my not doing anything with the t-case linkage, you might consider spending the dough on a Novak Conversion's cable transfer case linkage replacement. That's what I'm having to do FINALLY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts