Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
I am planning on getting a BB soon and from what i understand you will need bumpstop extensions as well. Alot of BB kits come with the spacers and extensions. And depending on vibrations you may need a transfer case drop which you can do with washers. Theres ALOT of people on here that know ALOT more than me but i just wanted to start you looking in the right direction til one of them comes by :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am completely clueless when it comes to lift kits and pretty much automobiles in general. Would I be able to just install these or is it MANDATORY to get other pieces?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Like the other guy said, I believe you will need bump stop extensions. If you wheel it hard you might end up needing some more shocks, but you should be ok for now. Just remember to align the front wheels. :thumb:

·
Registered
755 Posts
From what i understand from searching on here you HAVE TO HAVE the bump stop extensions so you dont bind you coils when they bottom out. And when you put a lift on it changes the angle of the driveshaft and that CAN but doesnt always cause vibrations. Vibrations are to be avoided as much as humanly possible. So yes bumpstops mandatory and maybe tc drop (depending on if you get vibrations).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, I am also going purchase bump stop extensions/ How are these 4 pieces going to raise my jeep 2 inches? The go in behind the tires right?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Search "Teraflex 2" BB installed in less than 2hours!" by TnDz TJ. Sorry im on my phone and not sure how to put the link to it. Btw i dont recommend messing with the suspension if you are unfamiliar with how it works and/or are not mechanically inclined.... Good Jeep help is usually free....well, besides the price of beer...

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
I knew somebody more knowledgeble would show up eventually.....i was hopin before i made myself sound like too much of an idiot...not sure i accomplished that. Thanks for the catch TnDz

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
.... keep in mind that EVERY Jeep is different.

One TJ with a 2"BB will be just fine and no other issues... another may develop driveline vibes. It's a case-by-case basis.

If you have the unfortunate luck of getting vibes, there are a few things you can do from the easiest way using washers to drop your t-case down ( mentioned above ) to a 1" MML that won't sacrifice your ground clearance as a t-case drop does. either one will get the job done with slight mods to fan shroud, but that's easy enough to relocate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts