Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
It could be???

It shouldn't have that "Jeep" and tire tracks on the sides. And I believe you're correct that there should be a Yeti on the right side gauge dial.

The auto temp A/C is in celsius. I would almost say its Canadian (which might account for the minor differences), but the speedometer is in mph (though it goes up to 120mph !! ).

·
Registered
482 Posts
It sure looks like an Arctic, in the rare Winter Chill no less. But you're right, it should have special gauges. It has the badging and color but the dashboard gauges don't seem to be the Arctic Special Edition ones. Still a nice looking Jeep minus the tread decals. Did you email/ask the dealer?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, but they have yet to respond. It isn't at a Jeep dealership, and they actually have it listed as "grey" in color, so I'm not too confident in them...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not notice that it is in C, and not F! What the F!? Ha! I'm not sure about that big tread decal either. I do believe I'd remove that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops, sorry Righty. I was distracted, and thought I just typed it without posting it. Can I delete that other one then?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
My guess is that it is a Canadian Arctic, and someone might have swapped out the gauges to "American" ones, and in the process, lost the Yeti.

Though, that still doesn't explain the 120MPH. Unless its got a Hemi under the hood too! :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Arctic Edition gauges should be throughout. You can order them separately for about $180-350+ (depending on if you can get just the faces or required the whole cluster assembly).
At one point I was thinking of getting them swapped out myself on the old Rubi, because they are easier to see with the top off in sunlight, saw them at the dealership and thought they were kinda neat, but no big whoop, but them saw them in action on a friend's Chill, and they are nice.

I was hoping the Aspen-X model would come with them too as the previous Arctic and then Polar both had similar treatment. Wish you could even order white/light face cluster from the factory on any model (don't need the Yeti eyes, but that was a neat touch none the less).

Here's what they should look like and include all 4 gauges;

C&D Review of Arctic with lotsa pics to compare to;
2012 Jeep Wrangler and Liberty Arctic Special Editions Mush Out of the Snow and into Showrooms | Car and Driver Blog

Polar Review;
SUV Review: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Polar Edition | Driving

Other than the Gauges and a few 'additional' decals, it seems about right. The added decals may have been a showroom model getting tarted-up for display, but I'd wonder where the gauges went. Although as Walt Suggests, it may have been a swap to MPH from a vehicle originally destined for Canada, which the VIN would easily reveal.

Heck I'd probably consider a switch to the Arctic gauges myself, even if the Polar ones better match the Aspen Hood Graphic.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
VIN Comes up as an Arctic Edition.

And yes, it was sold to Quebec , so the original gauge would've been KPH.

The Window Sticker is in French too, so it's extra 'rare'. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts