Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this broken or can it be put back together?

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
Looks like your sway bar link, can't really tell if its broken or the bolt has come off though.

·
Registered
500 Posts
its broke that ball fits in a cup and as it wears it will make noise eventually popping out and needing repalcement. I am sure you could jam it back in but its garbage now.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
Sorry man but that antiswaybar link is toast and it needs to be replaced.

Used but still good replacement links are available cheap around the Jeep forums and on eBay but if you offroad, think about replacing both links with a quick antiswaybar disconnect system like from JKS that entirely replaces them. Or if you offroad a lot and would like something that works better offroad than simply disconnecting the front antiswaybar, consider the Currie Antirock antiswaybar system that replaces the entire antiswaybar with a more offroad friendly system that doesn't need to be disconnected to go offroading.

The good news is replacing that link will only take you 10-15 minutes. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think I'm going to be doing much off roading since I'm by myself right now with this jeep. Maybe later I will be able to link up with and offraod club. The little I will do for now won't require very much flex so I would probably lean to a little bit of and upgrade since it needs to be replaced. Maybe something with quick disconnects.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Drive with care with it not connected on one side but on the other. Will have a affect on stability when turning.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
Being disconnected on one side means the antiswaybar is completely out of play for both sides. Both sides have to be connected for the antiswaybar to have any effect at all. :)

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I just installed the Zone quick discos last Sat and like them. However it took more time than suggested here. Bolts were froze rusted in place....sure could have used a torch!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not connected on either side, I'm gonna start looking for a replacement.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excuse my ignorance but am I to understand that my bar is still good and I can just eliminate the ball with a new set of quick disconnects?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but am I to understand that my bar is still good and I can just eliminate the ball with a new set of quick disconnects?
Your bar is still good but your links aren't. You can get a set of quick disco's for $100-150 or you can get a oem replacement at your local autozone for $20ea.

Why are so many people scared to run disco'd on the street? I've been running with my swaybar completely off for 10months 9k miles with no problem and I dont plan on putting it back on anytime soon.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Drop the ball socket design. If you are not concerned about disconnecting, just about all the suspension manufactuers have solid link sway bar replacement. Zone has low cost solid links. Look them up on the zone site then shop around through Google with the part number and Amazon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts