Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Yes, it's normal. There is a plastic spacer on the stock bumper that covers the gap. Whoever installed that bumper just didn't reuse the spacer.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I installed it---but had to drill out the clips on the spacer.

What can I use to reinstall it? Or is it okay the way it is?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
You could buy plastic rivets or something at any auto parts store to put the spacer back on. Depending on the new bumper, you may have to do some trimming on the spacer.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
100,727 Posts
I flipped your PICS for you.

Reactions: drv4showme

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'd leave it off. So much easier to clean and dry the bumper without it. My gap's about the same, maybe a hair smaller, and I don't even notice it anymore.

Great looking bumper, btw. What do you mean it's not the best? It's on your Jeep, right? Then hell yeah, it's the best. Lol.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I have the same bumper and it IS the best. I installed it and didn't feel like putting that dodgey piece of trim in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same bumper here as well. I added a smitty 9500 winch and opted to leave that piece out b/c it made it way easier to access everything. I live in canada and specifically in an area that sees a lot of salt in the winter. That poor bumper didn't stand a chance and it lasted until spring - maybe 7 months before I had to remove it and spray the crap out of it with a few coats of rust primer, paint and rubberized rockguard just to help it out. The finish matches my fenders perfectly. I had checked out quite a few bumpers and like this one the best :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts