Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
dirt road inspector
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It came on my new 2018 JKU Altitude. My dealer doesn't know because he got the Jeep from a dealer 200 miles away. It is not listed on the window sticker.

Sorry, the photo uploaded turned counter-clockwise 90 degrees. The three highbeam LED's should be on the bottom.

The fog lights are also LED's.

What say you?

Attachments

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
It came on my new 2018 JKU Altitude. My dealer doesn't know because he got the Jeep from a dealer 200 miles away. It is not listed on the window sticker.

Sorry, the photo uploaded turned counter-clockwise 90 degrees. The three highbeam LED's should be on the bottom.

The fog lights are also LED's.

What say you?
Yes.. Factory upgrade. Or factory bought and put in afterwards.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,233 Posts
First factory LED's on JK series. I have them on my Winter Edition too. Terrific units.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
A new OEM headlight option for the JK that was made by Magna, and first appeared on some 2017 models.

Mopar had an OEM LED headlight available at the parts counter before then, made for Mopar by JW Speaker.

Both headlight options (factory installed or retrofit) required a flash to be performed to the Jeep to eliminate flickering issues. If you were to look at the VIN-based build sheet online, it will tell you if they were factory installed.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Your fog lights should match. It's part of the LED lighting kit.

My 2018 Willys came with that option. It was one of my requirements when shopping for it.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
That is the factory Mopar LED headlight. My 2018 came with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
dirt road inspector
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you were to look at the VIN-based build sheet online, it will tell you if they were factory installed.
Thanks to everybody that responded.

I sure would like to know how to find my VIN-based build sheet online.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Reactions: USStrongman

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
Are you sure it’s not listed on your Monroney label? It shows under standard equipment on my 2017 Rubicon sticker

·
dirt road inspector
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found the build sheet (thanks for the help) but the lights are not listed. Maybe they are dealer installed?

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
I found the build sheet (thanks for the help) but the lights are not listed. Maybe they are dealer installed?
Look on your Monroney label. They will be listed under Exterior Features. It was standard equipment on 2017-18 Sahara which the Altitude package is based on.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
They are standard for the Altitude, not dealer installed! I have them as well on my 18 Alt.

·
Premium Member
7,261 Posts
They were standard on the 2017-18 Sahara and Rubicons and a $600 option on the Sport/Sport S. They came standard on my 2017 Chief.

They are listed on Page 2 of the equipment listing - after Automatic Headlights is listed LED Fog Lights then CHMSL Lamp and then LED Reflector Headlights.

These headlights are different than the aftermarket and other LED headlights in that they do not go into the standard light bucket which are then retained by a retainer ring. Instead they are a 1 piece unit that takes the place of the bucket, headlight and retainer ring by attaching directly to the three posts the traditional headlight bucket attached to. To remove them you would have to pry them off the posts.

My experience with them is that they are excellent lights.

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
Look on your Monroney label. They will be listed under Exterior Features. It was standard equipment on 2017-18 Sahara which the Altitude package is based on.
Not on my Monrovey label.
Interesting. I still say they are factory installed just based on the fact you have a 2018 MY US market Sahara. They are identical to mine.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts