Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you remove all of the carpeting from your Jeep for the first time and see what's in the pictures below, what are your initial thoughts? :popcorn:

·
Registered
315 Posts
It is hard to tell from the pictures. Does it come up easily? Looks like it might be scratched paint from sand or debris getting under there. I ripped up the carpets a while ago and bed-lined the entire body. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
604 Posts
doesn't look like anything 30 seconds with a leaf blower can't fix; if there's any mold there afterwords a few squirts of bleach laced water'll do the trick, re-dry with same leaf blower

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is hard to tell from the pictures. Does it come up easily? Looks like it might be scratched paint from sand or debris getting under there. I ripped up the carpets a while ago and bed-lined the entire body. Just something to think about.
I attempted to scrape the white marks and they remained unscathed. I was originally thinking that it was salt because of its location, but I haven't licked the floor yet to find out.

I've been thinking about replacing the carpet in the Jeep initially because it started to take on that "old car smell".

I will clean it up with some vinegar to be safe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
doesn't look like anything 30 seconds with a leaf blower can't fix; if there's any mold there afterwords a few squirts of bleach laced water'll do the trick, re-dry with same leaf blower
Right, so I will grab the leaf blower first and get rid of the debris.

After doing some research, vinegar appears to be the more viable solution to removing mold as opposed to bleach. I can't tolerate bleach anyways.

I will have a go at it and see what becomes.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Kill any mold present with Lysol. It normally takes spraying a couple times over several days to completely kill it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I attempted to scrape the white marks and they remained unscathed. I was originally thinking that it was salt because of its location, but I haven't licked the floor yet to find out.

I've been thinking about replacing the carpet in the Jeep initially because it started to take on that "old car smell".

I will clean it up with some vinegar to be safe.
we pulled the carpet from our jeep. PO had spilled coffee all over the front and it had stains all over. wife sprayed it down with shout, then we pressure washed them. except for looking a little worn on the drivers side, they almost looked new. no smells either.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I tried to clean these blotches and they won't even come off. It's almost like they're an adhesive of some kind.

Did Jeep ever use glue for the carpet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts