Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, picked up a new to me 2014 Jeep with 48k miles on it. The jeep has a 2.5 in teraflex lift and 35in toyo tires. I get a vibration / clunk noise from the steering column area when hitting ruts in the roads or sewer caps etc. The tires were initially 42psi so I just aired down to 36psi and still feel this vibration. I would describe it as a quick, hard hitting feeling. Not sure if this is the nature of the beast or something that needs to be looked into more. The noise I am referring to can be heard around the 40 second mark.

Thanks for viewing...

xpfsOZBlToa1CCSuPaVkYg by wrxrulz35, on Flickr

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would take tire pressure down to 28/30. Also check your shocks. Other than that it seems somewhat common as my will do the same depending on the road conditions.

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
hard to say with out seeing the jeep. Could be suspension related.. 1st thing make sure track bar bolts are to torq spec. Then check rest of suspension bolts. Do you have adjust front control arms or geo correction brackets?

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Hello All, picked up a new to me 2014 Jeep with 48k miles on it. The jeep has a 2.5 in teraflex lift and 35in toyo tires. I get a vibration / clunk noise from the steering column area when hitting ruts in the roads or sewer caps etc. The tires were initially 42psi so I just aired down to 36psi and still feel this vibration. I would describe it as a quick, hard hitting feeling. Not sure if this is the nature of the beast or something that needs to be looked into more. The noise I am referring to can be heard around the 40 second mark.

Thanks for viewing...

I would say without looking and driving it.. air down more to about 28-30psi(whether it's the problem or not it will give you a better ride).
Also x2 @4jeepin.
The video didn't load, sorry I could not view.
Was the alignment done after the lift? If the caster is way out(-) it could present itself in an exaggerated way when hitting a good bump... hard to say with limited info.. anyone else?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds harsh to me. Air down.
( I am running 26lbs) that will soften the ride.
I would re-torque all the suspension & shock bolts . Hard to tell from a video, but something sounds unhappy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts

Thanks for viewing...

Did you ever figure anything out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts