Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We always wondered why the car moves from side to size, just pushing the jeep with minimal force sways the jeep pretty hard

Video:
https://imgur.com/a/rUudhDp

What should I torque the sway bar to? Should I get new hardware?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
We always wondered why the car moves from side to size, just pushing the jeep with minimal force sways the jeep pretty hard

Video:
https://imgur.com/a/rUudhDp

What should I torque the sway bar to? Should I get new hardware?

https://www.spohn.net/shop/Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Unlimited-4-Door/Suspension-Lift-Kits/Track-Bars-Track-Bar-Brackets/Rear-Track-Bars-Rear-Track-Bar-Brackets/Rear-Upper-Track-Bar-Mount-Brace.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiK68xNvd5gIVg5-zCh1soQELEAQYCCABEgK_yfD_BwE

You might need something like this above now. I think the bolt hole is elongated. You need to take the bolt out and check, a competent welder could fix it also.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crap, it's welded to the frame. You think a welder can fill the hole and drill a new one in?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Looks like the end of the track bar bolt took a beating on your bump stop.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Crap, it's welded to the frame. You think a welder can fill the hole and drill a new one in?

Definitely, or weld a washer on either side to true up the hole, but if you read the description of the part I noted it sounds like the perfect solution, that you can do yourself and it seems like it will be stronger. Welding isn't inexpensive unless you do it yourself or know someone.

·
Super Moderator
23,429 Posts
ditch that bumpstop. that is a bad design.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bolt and bolt pattern appears to be different than the other side of the track bar where it meets on the axle. Should both bolts be identical? It doesnt even have a washer like the other side that appears to be more OEM

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Realized even the oem size is wrong. The nut and washer is not oem. Fricken 4WP

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is this too much play for the stock oem bolt? (Went to dealership to get proper bolt and nut)

I got a welder lined up to come out and weld a grade H washer, pending the internets response :)

·
Super Moderator
23,429 Posts
Is this too much play for the stock oem bolt? (Went to dealership to get proper bolt and nut)

I got a welder lined up to come out and weld a grade H washer, pending the internets response :)

that should be fine but you need to torq it to 125 ft/lbs.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
It appears that the bump stop has taken a hell of a beating. Looks bent and dented if I am looking at the right part?????

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It appears that the bump stop has taken a hell of a beating. Looks bent and dented if I am looking at the right part?????
Yep, I removed it so it'sits no longer there. It did take a beat down.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that should be fine but you need to torq it to 125 ft/lbs.
Done deal. Feels so much better, this entire time I thought it was just part of the ride from a lift but now it feels sturdy and doesnt make any more noises. Incredible what a loose bolt can do.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Done deal. Feels so much better, this entire time I thought it was just part of the ride from a lift but now it feels sturdy and doesnt make any more noises. Incredible what a loose bolt can do.

Well of course it does. It’s kind of an important part.

·
Super Moderator
23,429 Posts

now go over every other bolt and nut with the torq wrench. I have often found poeple have loose front track bar bolts and control arm bolts. They loosen up over time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts