Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a used 2011 2dr sport with about 75k miles on it. I've put an extra 300 or so miles on it and have began to notice a sort of grinding noise when I shift into reverse or into drive. It's an automatic and it's only a little bit of noise but I want to be sure it isn't a symptom to a bigger problem in the future. Thanks reading!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have any transmission grinding looked at. Still covered under factory power train warranty.
Yea I'm definitely gonna have this looked it I just don't want the dealership to screw me over and tell me it's normal. I don't trust them haha

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
What type of warranty did you get with your 2011? Can you take it to an independent repair shop or can you only use the dealer?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Grinding isn't normal. Hopefully it's not a trans. issue. When you put it in drive or reverse you'll have your foot on the brake. It could be the brakes or something with hill start assist activating/deactivating which involves the rear brakes. Since the rears go first on JK's, 99% of the time, you could be getting a grinding noise if they're low. I would have your brakes checked also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts