Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Could be a sending unit for one of your gauges? Like oil pressure? Are all you gauges working properly?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Fill out your profile that way people will know what you're working with so helping is easier.
Looks like an ignition coil, does the jeep start?

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will update profile now, meanwhile to let you know, it is a 97 tj with 2.5L epe engine. I just bought it defective. The engine cranks but does not start. There is no petrol at the injector rails and the petrol gauge is not showing that I have petrol, even though I have, as well the red light for no petrol isn't light.
As well I have just opened the pcm and there is an obvious burn on the circuit. I cannot get any error codes by turning the ignition on off three times

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be a sending unit for one of your gauges? Like oil pressure? Are all you gauges working properly?
The gauges where not working because of the pcm. Which i somehow managed to make it work. Now i get error 25 and the engine stops after start.and it starts only if i push all the way the acceleration pedal and it stops after one second.
That part i have asked about is the ignition coil and it was bypased and installed a different one înstead by previous owners

·
Registered
288 Posts
The gauges where not working because of the pcm. Which i somehow managed to make it work. Now i get error 25 and the engine stops after start.and it starts only if i push all the way the acceleration pedal and it stops after one second.
That part i have asked about is the ignition coil and it was bypased and installed a different one înstead by previous owners
I would go back to the original type of ignition coil then and hook that part back up and see if that resolves the issue.

·
Premium Member
6,948 Posts
What color is the head of your ignition key?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would go back to the original type of ignition coil then and hook that part back up and see if that resolves the issue.
I will definitely install the original one. Actually I keep looking into ordering a new one for a week now. Our Romanian car parts websites don't show the part by engine code or at least I don't know which ones do that. What ignition coils I find appear to suit all the jeeps between early nineties to 2008 an ALL jeeps no matter what petrol engine they have. Can this be true?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What color is the head of your ignition key?
It is black, identical to the one I used to have on a 1991 YJ. I have an imobiliser remote though with two buttons. And a strange thing about the remote, no matter if I press button one or two, or even if don't press it at all the engine cranks. I know the remote is for this car because when I press either the buttons I can hear one or two beeps

·
Registered
13,752 Posts
Skim was possibly available in late 98 and for sure in 99 but not in 97 so if his pcm part number is that of a 97 he does not have skim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Skim was possibly available in late 98 and for sure in 99 but not in 97 so if his pcm part number is that of a 97 he does not have skim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still, as I have understood it can't be bypassed as well... I somehow have inside the 1997 pcm a part which require input from the imobiliser via CCD BUS (+) &( -) ports. It's software might have been upgraded in Europe by the dealership, so possibly the 1997 USA pcm might work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts