Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High pinion Dana 30 front, and Ford 8.8 rear, ready to bolt into a TJ.*
The front 30 is trussed, has C gussets, geared at 4.56, with a lock right locker. Hub bearings are 2 months old, and balljoints are a year old.
The 8.8 has a solid diff cover, geared at 4.56, and has a rebuilt LSD.*

$1600obo

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I would say "yes, that is worth the money" for bolt in ready...if you desire 4.56 gears.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, that was my first time posting and I jumped the gun a little bit. I just bought a 99 TJ with the stock Dana 30/35 and the Dana 30 is in dire need of a rebuild. I'm running 33's right now but plan on moving to 35's in the future. I can't decide whether I should look for a used set of running gear much like that setup or take the Jeep to Undercover Fab in Dothan, AL and have them rebuild and install 4.88 gears, ARB lockers front and rear and a super 35 kit in the rear. The Dana 30 already has chromoly axle shafts.

I also found this setup for sale but may be too overpriced?

Front HP D30:
4.88 Yukon gears, ARB air locker
Full TNT truss
WJ knuckle swap with large dual piston brake calipers - very nice!
Complete 1 ton TRE steering, including tie rod w/offset TRE, drag link, spare tie rod
Upgraded axle tube seals and Synergy ball joints
Solid diff cover

Rear D44:
Upgraded Alloy axle shafts
Disc brake swap kit - all parts included!
(I never got around to installing, as the included drum brakes are working just fine)
Solid diff cover
I think I have an extra set of axles shafts to throw in as well for both front and rear.

Complete ARB air system, including compressor, switches, wiring harness, air lines, etc.
Everything in great condition, nothing needed.

$3300

·
Knows a couple things...
49,381 Posts
Sorry, that was my first time posting and I jumped the gun a little bit. I just bought a 99 TJ with the stock Dana 30/35 and the Dana 30 is in dire need of a rebuild. I'm running 33's right now but plan on moving to 35's in the future. I can't decide whether I should look for a used set of running gear much like that setup or take the Jeep to Undercover Fab in Dothan, AL and have them rebuild and install 4.88 gears, ARB lockers front and rear and a super 35 kit in the rear. The Dana 30 already has chromoly axle shafts.

I also found this setup for sale but may be too overpriced?

Front HP D30:
Full TNT truss
Complete 1 ton TRE steering, including tie rod w/offset TRE, drag link, spare tie rod
Solid diff cover

Rear D44:
(I never got around to installing, as the included drum brakes are working just fine)
Solid diff cover
I think I have an extra set of axles shafts to throw in as well for both front and rear.

Complete ARB air system, including compressor, switches, wiring harness, air lines, etc.

$3300
That last configuration you posted is a nice setup. The one with the 4.88 gearing is what I'd go for since you'll be going with 35" tires. If you have the 5-speed transmission that is. 4.56 just isn't quite enough gear for 35's with the 5-speed manual transmission. The 4.56 setup would be the better way to go if your TJ has the automatic which is a 3-speed.

Just regearing to 4.88 later could account for nearly half of that $3300 price that gives you 4.88 up front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, it is the 5 speed transmission. You think $3300, assuming everything is in good condition and operational is a good price for that setup?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,381 Posts
Thank you, it is the 5 speed transmission. You think $3300, assuming everything is in good condition and operational is a good price for that setup?
All things considered, including what it'd cost later to regear to 4.88, probably $1500 or so, I think it is.

Not to mention you can sell your present Dana 30 and Dana 35 to help offset the cost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Jerry, I emailed the guy with those axles. He called me on the phone shortly after and gave me the run down on everything. We will see if he still has them next weekend when I can actually go pick them up.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Front HP D30:
Full TNT truss
Solid diff cover

Rear D44:
Solid diff cover

$3300
Yeah I think that's a very good deal providing everything is in usable condition. So far I've spent right at 3 grand on building my Super 35 and a re-gear. Still need to do the chromo's and the lunchbox up front, there's another grand. Not to mention all the other goodies like steering components that one your looking at comes with.

I would try and put a deposit down if the seller was willing to do so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts