Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
Nope it isn't the normal position, the angles are WAY too steep. Your going to need to install a transfer case drop or Motor mount lift and adjustable control arms or pay the money to get a SYE and custom driveshaft. That angle it has now with just tear things apart and the vibes will be unbearable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jeepjones said:
Nope it isn't the normal position, the angles are WAY too steep. Your going to need to install a transfer case drop or Motor mount lift and adjustable control arms or pay the money to get a SYE and custom driveshaft. That angle it has now with just tear things apart and the vibes will be unbearable.
Would this explain why i feel the car lacks of speed and why it's too noisy?

I got the car 3 weeks ago and now that they are changing the brakes i noticed it ..

Are those solutions too expensive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,897 Posts
It's at full droop, being lifted by the frame. That angle only matters if the owner spends alot of time airborn... What's it look like when sitting on the tires?
 

·
Jeeper
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
DaveCR said:
Would this explain why i feel the car lacks of speed and why it's too noisy?

I got the car 3 weeks ago and now that they are changing the brakes i noticed it ..

Are those solutions too expensive?
Need a LOT more info. Which engine, tire size, what kind of noise, when does the noise happen, does it get worse with engine rpm's or speed....
What does the angle look like while the Jeep is on the ground? What kind/size lift?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will take pics when its down but i dont recall the angle was that obvious..

4.0 .. Tires 30x9.5 r15

It has an old man emu kit which I suspect it 2 or less ...

The guy just told me that both end parts need replacement ..



image-2838861762.jpg



The vibration I was saying is not much .. I didnt feel it in a Mitsubishi Montero I had but it feels a little on the Jeep. As im a first time Jeep owner all this is new to me ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
ah newbie, thats why the vibes are being mentioned ;) lol. Just kidding, some claim it as a jeep thing, i don't notice them in my 06 TJ.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,622 Posts
looks better on the ground. If there is any play in the shaft, change the joints out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
4Jeepn said:
looks better on the ground. If there is any play in the shaft, change the joints out.
Yep the guy told me they have to be replaced .. Oh well now I have to see if I can get them locally..
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top