Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with rust proofing or undercoatings from Ziebart? Or would it just be better to do it yourself with a kit?

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with rust proofing or undercoatings from Ziebart? Or would it just be better to do it yourself with a kit?
I had it added to my Challenger when I ordered it. I'm not impressed with it though. I would do it myself if on my Jeep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not impressed with all the research I did on Ziebart. I am in Michigan and found a shop that uses more of a oil/wax type rustproof. I have a 2000 with NO rust at all, and they will guarantee no rust for 50,000 miles or 3 years on my TJ. Bad news is that they have a 5 month backlog and cannot do it until Jan 2014. With a 5 month backlog, they must be really good!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did they cleaned up and treat rust that's already there, or pretty much just protect what's rust free?

Also how much did such service cost?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have a 79 Fiat that I bought new and had it undercoated with Ziebart. No rust, but I would never do it again. They drilled holes in the doors and every other panel then put rubber plugs in. It sits overnight while the excess drips out then the rubber plugs are installed. I have power windows and had to take the door apart and what a mess inside the door. Pulleys and motor had errant spray on them. If the car sat out it would hold water. This car has never seen snow and rain maybe 10 times in 35 years. All bolt heads have to be cleaned to get a wrench on them.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Got it from there, wisconsin weather. had the second coat done, plenty of rust. had to re-do it myself. Do it yourself.!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts