Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few shots from a day trip we did on the spur of the moment, it's not even half way through winter & I am going Bat crap crazy! This is from "Island in the sky" Canyonlands, Moab. The red rocks stand out with some snow around, it is very pretty out there.

Taken from above Sheafer switchback trail

Looking down on White rim trail

White rim trail is down there somewhere

Sheafer switchback trail

SSBT again

La Sal mountains in the background

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Speechless

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Wow. Absolutely beautiful, Julie. Surreal.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 You sure live in a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing. I'll bet Jeff wasn't on the side by side that day. Looks cooooooooooooooold!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Great Pics! We wheel in Moab every year during spring break. This year we will be their in June. Have you ever ran the "White Rim trail"? From what I've read it sounds like a fun trail.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Great Pics! We wheel in Moab every year during spring break. This year we will be their in June. Have you ever ran the "White Rim trail"? From what I've read it sounds like a fun trail.
I was down there a couple months ago & it was closed. Might have to call down there or else Julie will chime in, she knows everything about that place!!

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
That is some beautiful scenery. I hope some day I can make it out there for some wheelin. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Was someone nice enough to give you a ride up there or did you take a long hike?

I dont see any pics of the jeep!

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have not done it but I did hear someone say it is not a very hard trail. It's long so sometime we want to do it in a couple of days, camping for a night or two.
Was someone nice enough to give you a ride up there or did you take a long hike?

I dont see any pics of the jeep!
Oh no I took the Jeep, it's in the park so the roads up on the top are sealed. Here is a pic' of it up the top.(second pic) We did hike a short distance to some of the view points, easy hikes.There are beautifull picnic area's & some camping for hikers. Down in the valley is where the 4x4 trails are. The "Sheafer switchback" trail is closed & it's a good thing as you can see by the first pic'
Sheafer Switchbacks
Tiny Jeep at the top

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 You sure live in a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing. I'll bet Jeff wasn't on the side by side that day. Looks cooooooooooooooold!!!
No way! he hasn't had it out much last while it's far to cold. We did go up behind our house a week or so ago, I went on my quad & he took RZR. It was before it got real cold & with plenty of clothes on, hats & gloves it wasn't bad & it was good fun! Didn't stay up there for long, maybe an hour

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
No way! he hasn't had it out much last while it's far to cold. We did go up behind our house a week or so ago, I went on my quad & he took RZR. It was before it got real cold & with plenty of clothes on, hats & gloves it wasn't bad & it was good fun! Didn't stay up there for long, maybe an hour
Nice, You two are livin the dream!!! Congrats

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have not done it but I did hear someone say it is not a very hard trail. It's long so sometime we want to do it in a couple of days, camping for a night or two.

Thanks, we ran "Salt Creek and Horse Canyon" a few years back, it wasn't a hard trail but it was beautiful. We find ourselves running the same trails every year and it is nice to see something different every once in a while.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
It's not hard enough for you but I know one that I want to try & you guys should come to :D
I think it would be a camping trip, it's about 50 mile south of Moab, in Canyonlands, so lets plan it sometime, maybe' a long weekend
Sounds like fun Julie. I hope you know I don't have to drag my azz all over the mountainside to have fun. Following you does "hurt" sometimes, lol. A camping trip sounds fun. I took the back seat out a few months ago & wonder if a guy could actually sleep back there with the front seats pushed all the forward? I'll have to climb back there & check it out. I hate tents!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts