Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at replacing my front and rear axles with d60's 4.56 gears and ox or Detroit lockers.. Also looking at stroking my 4.0 to a 4.7.. Anyone know of shops besides 4wP do do this??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also, Darrell at the Ted Wiens on lvblvd and oakey. The man knows everything about jeeps. He runs with Total Karnage. He builds some insane jeeps. I trained his son in the alarm industry, thats how I met him.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There's a jeep shop out at the speedway advertising on craigslist. As for Darrel @ Ted Wiens, just found out he quit. Trying to talk him into starting his own shop, though. Oh, also, just found a shop off the 95 and auto show drive east of the 95. Super nice guys and a lot of parts marked with obo( like an arb locker compressor for $40/obo and 2 gal tank for 40/obo). Prices seem to be the same or better than 4 wheel parts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Gents,

New owner for about one month of a 03 Rub/first post (although I've been reading here since I started looking in earnest). I did Rocky Gap this past Sunday and while down in that "lovely" wash about two miles from Lovell Canyon Rd, neither front or rear diffs would lock up. Sooo, while not exactly an emergency, she is not really a Rubicon right now, no matter what those hood stickers say...

Any thoughts on the above listed shops (lean towards one more than another) or another not listed concerning a Jeep diff lock-up issue?

BTW--as stated, been reading the board since the bug hit me. Good information throughout the forum. Nice place you all have here and I suspect I'll be staying around since that Jeep has gone from third car to the daily driver. It does put a caveman smile on my face. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, I suppose silence is consent on the shops mentioned above. A bit surprising that there are only a couple of favorites in a metro area of two million and a larger than normal Jeep population, but it is what it is. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing since people tend to remember/promote the bad experiences and there ARE a couple recommended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts