Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, first post here, sort of out of options so I’m hoping a Bestop forum rep will get at me on here.

Short story
- purchased core doors and uppers 2 months ago for my 2 door JK. They arrived, looked great. Sent in my mail in rebate, all was well.
Then it rained. The doors leaked from about 6 different spots, mostly at the core and a bit from the upper. My Jeep literally flooded, front and back, overnight. I attempted multiple times to contact Bestop. They didn’t respond.
I’ve since called 3 times to try and get support, and though I’ve left voicemails, nobody has gotten back to me. Severely dissatisfied. I’m past the return period, and this experience has been terrible. It’s rained 80% of the days since I’ve gotten the doors, and I finally had to take them off and use the stock doors (now with no mirrors) just to save the interior of my JK. Also, my mail in rebates have all but disappeared - would be $600 total for both doors and uppers.

not sure what to do now, but this is one of the worst CS experiences I’ve ever had. severely disappointed in Bestop. Any advice is welcome, thanks for reading my short story!

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Well, there are still a lot of companies that are working with skeleton crews because if lockdown/quarantine. I'm not excusing their no communication, but you may need to be patient. My company usually responds within 48hrs to customers, but for the last couple of months we've been days behind our normal SLA.

Second, tag @Bestop and see if they can reply to ya.

Good luck.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, there are still a lot of companies that are working with skeleton crews because if lockdown/quarantine. I'm not excusing their no communication, but you may need to be patient. My company usually responds within 48hrs to customers, but for the last couple of months we've been days behind our normal SLA.

Second, tag @Bestop and see if they can reply to ya.

Good luck.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
I definitely understand and empathize with that - however this is after approx 2 months of no responses. Regardless of the pandemic (which we all are enduring together) 2 months is far too long to keep a client waiting, especially since my return window has passed (no pun intended)

I’ve been very patient. This is sort of my “last resort”. I’m thoroughly enjoying my bestop sunrider, and I’ll be hoping this core door/upper situation comes to a resolution soon.

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
I would agree that the pandemic has everyone behind. And it is only going to get worse now the we have states going back into lock down.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Very unlike @Bestop

Is Cassie still around?

Reactions: BryanRushes

·
Registered
146 Posts
Par for the ole Bestop course, lol. While Cassie does a good job of pointing folks in the right direction, Bestop‘s management could give a sheet about the customers. Missing parts, leaks, bad instructions, etc. if you buy their products be prepared to do some driveway engineering.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
My experience with Bestop had been the complete opposite. Everything positive.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My experience with Bestop had been the complete opposite. Everything positive.
Lucky boy, I met with their design engineer at their Louisville CO headquarters to resolve an issue with my Trektop Twill soft top. After messing around for an hour, was told the leaky, noisy soft top was just “normal”.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This forum is littered with post of missing parts, leaking tops, doors, poor instructions, customer work around, crappy service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This forum is littered with post of missing parts, leaking tops, doors, poor instructions, customer work around, crappy service.
And yet. Aren’t they the “go to” consensus here for soft tops?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
True that, pretty pitiful. Major design, major manufacturing, major distribution errors and yet they command market share. Tolerant consumers allow their management to ignore their problem.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The few times I've contacted them, the @Bestop customer service reps have been outstanding. They have stood behind their stuff better than many other companies I've seen.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The few times I've contacted them, the @Bestop customer service reps have been outstanding. They have stood behind their stuff better than many other companies I've seen.
Indeed, that’s their strategy. They’ll ship you replacement parts. I went thru installing 3 soft tips, used a dremel tool to solve a structural foam tooling error, and finally accepted a very expensive, noisy, leaky soft top. Of course, my time was wasted, installing and removing, dragging the rejects to FedX. Jeep people are handy, Bestop takes advantage. I am guessing their ratio of customer service agents to design/manufacturing engineers is +50 to 1. IMO, You get what you accept. Choosing between crappy product vs good service is a no brainer for me. BUY USED, save the planet, lol.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My core doors did not leak at first. I removed the panel from the core doors and now they leak every time it rains. I have sent them an email and have not heard back from them.

·
Vendor
5,502 Posts
Hey @BryanRushes
Please shoot me an email with your contact info and I'll have a CS rep reach out to you. Sorry it's been difficult getting a hold of us. Any info you can include in that message will help them get a head start in getting you the info/tools you need.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey @BryanRushes
Please shoot me an email with your contact info and I'll have a CS rep reach out to you. Sorry it's been difficult getting a hold of us. Any info you can include in that message will help them get a head start in getting you the info/tools you need.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I’ll pm you straight away - thanks!
Will update here as the situation evolves.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts