Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I put the sunrider feature of the glide down today, but I couldn't drive as the fabric was sitting on top of my head. Has anyone else had this issue? All I did was unlatch the latches in front of me, and push it backward, but the slack in the fabric came down on top of my head, which I'm sure it's not supposed to do. Am I doing something wrong? I installed it as the instructions showed

·
Registered
429 Posts
post a pic.... when i put mine back the fabric rests on the rear cross support... so and the entire front is open.... so not sure how its sitting on your head... just re-watched the Bestop video and it goes all the way back....

Reactions: Bestop

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
So today I put the sunrider feature of the glide down today, but I couldn't drive as the fabric was sitting on top of my head. Has anyone else had this issue? All I did was unlatch the latches in front of me, and push it backward, but the slack in the fabric came down on top of my head, which I'm sure it's not supposed to do. Am I doing something wrong? I installed it as the instructions showed
Despite what some of the marketing videos claim, the Glide sunrider feature is not 'easy one handed operation'. Sure, you can do it that way, but the top will fold directly at the hinge points, which is directly over your head.

Just take an extra minute and tuck the part over your head underneath the header bar before you take off. Be careful though, I found that if you pull on the sides too hard to tuck in the corners you can pull the side window rails out of the channels as others have complained about in the Glide issues thread.

·
Premium Member
9,580 Posts
Never really had an issue. If you just flip the top back yes it will hit your head but so did my stock top. Take an extra second to fold it back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep, you can't just flip the sunrider back. You have to give it a double-fold. This means pushing it back on either side as you fold the whole thing back. Once you get it folded this way, you can see how it works much better. It can also be done from the drivers seat once you get used to it. I own the 2 door JK, so I don't know if the same applies to the 4 door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts