Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just recently purchased a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and unfortunately have still not been able to fix the issues with the A/C. It does not blow air at any speed and when it does it is an unnoticeable amount. I replaced the blower motor out of curiosity and checked the fuse box as well and that didn't solve the issue. If you have any suggestions please let me know :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Might try the TJ forum as you'll get more answers there.
Did you check power to the blower motor?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hello everyone, I just recently purchased a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and unfortunately have still not been able to fix the issues with the A/C. It does not blow air at any speed and when it does it is an unnoticeable amount. I replaced the blower motor out of curiosity and checked the fuse box as well and that didn't solve the issue. If you have any suggestions please let me know :)
There is an inline resistor pack that controls the voltage to the fan motor. The resistor pack is generally attached to the air duct so that the air flow will cool the resistors. I would check the continuity of the resistors with a VOM and replace if necessary. This is the most common problem with the ventilation fan motor.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
There is an inline resistor pack that controls the voltage to the fan motor. The resistor pack is generally attached to the air duct so that the air flow will cool the resistors. I would check the continuity of the resistors with a VOM and replace if necessary. This is the most common problem with the ventilation fan motor.
Half true. The fan would always have high speed. As it gets true 12v on high only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts