Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! Wife drove the 95 Jeep Wrangler down the road, hit a major pothole, engine shut off and won't restart. Appears that it is not getting power to the coil or fuel relay but cranks fine. Tried spaying started fluid in it to see if it would fire, but nothing. Any ideas? No fuses appear to be blown and cannot find any loose connections!

·
Im bringin flexy back!
678 Posts
... trade the wife! on a more serious note... any additional information? Cant think of alot of stuff that can jar loose that would keep it from starting

·
Administrator
12,503 Posts
idea: Check for a loose connection at the fuel pump wire's near the gas than.. at least that's what was wrong with my TJ, the plug looked okay but the wires where pulled out just enough to not let it send fuel. This was after a rather hard hit on some rocks. Good luck! and Keep us posted

·
Registered
11 Posts
This might help.

I am not a mechanic so ymmv but I have seen several cars do this and the problem was with a switch/sensor that shuts everything off after an impact, in case of accidents. Don't know if jeeps have these but just thought I'd mention it.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
I don't know if the 95's used the same inertia switch that our TJ's use. Maybe one of the YJ guys can expand on this one?

·
Registered
600 Posts
:mad: Maybe a relay switch popped for the fuel pump?....OR theres more to the wifes story...I think you should forcefully interogate her to get the whole story.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just went through this with my 92 YJ turned a corner and died. Read some Jeep Forum info and replaced my crankshaft position indicator as suggested. That didn't work but I'm still glad I did it because it was seriously frayed. Mine ended up being a fuel pump. Tow truck guy had my wife turn the key and he couldn't hear it priming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts