Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the ONE thing I DON'T like about my 2012 JKU.

Made a purchase last night with cash (most always use my debit card), got back into the Jeep and realized that other than the cup holder, there's no place to put loose change! But judging by my ever growing wish-list of mods, I won't have any spare change anyways so I quickly got over it and moved on! :facepalm:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congratulations on the new Jeep. Have fun, let's see a pic. Continue to always use your debit card, and you shouldn't have any loose change. :whistling:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
...the ONE thing I DON'T like about my 2012 JKU.

Made a purchase last night with cash (most always use my debit card), got back into the Jeep and realized that other than the cup holder, there's no place to put loose change! But judging by my ever growing wish-list of mods, I won't have any spare change anyways so I quickly got over it and moved on! :facepalm:
Yep, you found the change holder. :rofl:

Congrats on the new Jeep!!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
yeah i dont recommend keeping spare change in the top part of the center console. whenever you go to get into the main compartment, all the change will fall into the hinge crevice, and is a pain in the butt to fish back out. man up, get a small change purse, and be happy :punk:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i dont recommend keeping spare change in the top part of the center console. whenever you go to get into the main compartment, all the change will fall into the hinge crevice, and is a pain in the butt to fish back out. man up, get a small change purse, and be happy :punk:
Man up and get a small change purse....fantastic advice...but NO! I'll just have to be satisfied with my pocket or the cup holder!:rofl:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Have you seen those eclipse gum containers that hold like 50 pieces of gum? They're round, a couple inches deep, and they have a pop-off hinged lid. They fit in your cup holder perfectly. That's where my change goes - after the gum's all gone, that is.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a dollars worth stuck in my hinge area right now:facepalm::banghead:, I think its some sort of Jeep Savings plan :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Just a word of advice about this, don't leave anything not even change much less house/work key in your Jeep. Don't give any reason for a break in.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
If the change is in the ash-tray, no prospective robber will see it.
Yep but Jeeps are notorious for being broken into. Whether or not its in there or your glove box, it will be taken. Just a good idea to not leave anything in your jeep unless you have a locked under seat or storage box. Additionally, the glove and center console locks are cheap and can be broken with the pull of your hands.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Just a word of advice about this, don't leave anything not even change much less house/work key in your Jeep. Don't give any reason for a break in.
If the change is in the ash-tray, no prospective robber will see it.
Yep but Jeeps are notorious for being broken into. Whether or not its in there or your glove box, it will be taken. Just a good idea to not leave anything in your jeep unless you have a locked under seat or storage box. Additionally, the glove and center console locks are cheap and can be broken with the pull of your hands.
ESP's right. Thieves seem to target Jeeps...especially if you're running a soft top, which I do year-round.

Which is why I've installed these in my rig:

JK Tuffy Conceal Carry Underseat Security Drawer for Jeep Wrangler, JK

JK Security Deck Enclosure Jeep Wrangler, JK 2011+

I bought these for summer, when I'll be running rock doors most of the time:

Security Door Lockers for Jeep Wrangler JK

A couple other handy lockable products from Tuffy (which rocks for Jeep security, IMO):

JK Security Console Insert for 2011 Jeep Wrangler, JK

JK Locking Cubby Cover for Jeep Wrangler, JK

·
Registered
941 Posts
Have you seen those eclipse gum containers that hold like 50 pieces of gum? They're round, a couple inches deep, and they have a pop-off hinged lid. They fit in your cup holder perfectly. That's where my change goes - after the gum's all gone, that is.
Good idea. Been looking for someplace to store loose change. Beauty of this is to the potential thief it just looks like a can of gum. I may give this a whirl. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned that did not have a place for change

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
People still use cash/change? :)

Congrats on the new Jeep!

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Jeepers have spare change?

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Funny. We always kept change in the little tray on top of the dash. It is even better in the JK as its deep enough to not fly out on a sharp turn. No one has ever stolen any, even with the top down parked at the mall. It's neve much though. The only things that anyone ever stole was 3 or 4 beers out of a cooler at a Buffett show and also our license plate that is also Buffett themed, also at a concert. We use security Torx screws now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts