Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Why do you need a delete pulley? If you want to delete your A/C, just leave the compressor in, it does not hurt anything.

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,920 Posts
Why do you need a delete pulley? If you want to delete your A/C, just leave the compressor in, it does not hurt anything.
It's worth leaving it in as a pulley as the factory part that would replace the compressor is almost non existent anymore and $150.00 if you can find one. I made my own as a project but still ended up into it for about $60, only got rid of mine because I hated fighting to get the #1 plug in and out. Down the road you could turn it into an onboard air setup if you wish, Just disconnect the power to the clutch so it doesn't accidentally kick in on you and you have a free pulley.

Good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gents
I just thought it would clean up the bay, since I’ve pulled out all the old vacuum lines
And computer crap. That’s all

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,920 Posts
You can Still pick up a couple caps and pull your lines, If you plan on using your compressor I again I wouldn't leave the system open. Some Kits were fitted with valves you could close off right at the compressor, not needing the caps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts