Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting conversation I had the other night ...

I went through the drive-thru at a local fast food joint.
I have noticed lately that a Jeep is always parked nearby the drive-thru window, so I figured it belonged to someone working the night shift. (You park it on the side of the building that you work on, so you can keep an eye on it.)

As I pulled up to the window, this was the conversation ...

ME: Is that a TJ?
EMPLOYEE: Nope. That's Mark's.
ME: No. Is that a TJ?
EMPLOYEE: Just a minute. Mark. Someone is asking about your Jeep.
MARK: Yes, sir?
ME: Is that a TJ?
MARK: No, sir. It's a Wrangler.
ME: What year is the Jeep?
MARK: It's a 2004.

At that point, I explained that being a 2004, it was indeed a TJ.
Some people just make me laugh. :D

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Very few people I have talked to have any idea what the letter codes mean. They don't tell them at the dealership, so unless someone does or they do a little research, its just a wrangler. I'm just glad it was a tj ;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
A few of my brothers friends ( kids in high school) were convinced a "rubicon" was NOT a wrangler. At first I tried to argue the point but quickly gave into their superior high school knowledge.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
A few of my brothers friends ( kids in high school) were convinced a "rubicon" was NOT a wrangler. At first I tried to argue the point but quickly gave into their superior high school knowledge.
I had a guy argue once that all Harley's are Sportsters, just like all Corvettes are Stingrays :facepalm:

Technically, I guess he's right :rofl:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I can't even begin to describe how long it took me to convince my friend in high school that a Chevy was the same thing as a Chevrolet. :rofl:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Funny to read this post, just the other night some guys were sitting around the table at the coffee shop. My wife and I pulled into the spot right up front. One of the guys asked me, " what year CJ is that ? "
I corrected him of the proper letter designation of TJ and told him it was a 99. He looked at me like I had two heads.
:rofl:

·
Registered
76 Posts
No offense, but you seriously couldn't tell if it was a TJ or JK? Or were you just trying to test him?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
My wife had to tell someone driving a YJ that hers was a TJ and his was a YJ. He was quite well embarrassed that a girl knew more about his Jeep than he did!

You know who you are! :rofl:

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
No offense, but you seriously couldn't tell if it was a TJ or JK? Or were you just trying to test him?
Sounds like he was just making conversation. I've attempted some conversations like that with a couple Jeep owners. You ask them something and they get the deer in the headlights look and you wish you hadn't said anything :rofl:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe someone can enlighten me. I have a 2004 Wrangler (TJ) Columbia Edition. Now is it a Sport or X? I am still learning, but hey, at least I am trying. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Maybe someone can enlighten me. I have a 2004 Wrangler (TJ) Columbia Edition. Now is it a Sport or X? I am still learning, but hey, at least I am trying. :)
I'm thinking it's simply the glorified X.

What axles are under it, is it standard or auto ?

Columbia Edition - 2004 only
* 4.0L I-6 engine
* 15-inch graphite painted aluminum wheels
* Unique graphite fender flares
* Fog lamps
* Columbia badging
* Dark Slate Interior
* Khaki two-tone seats with the Columbia logo
* Silver painted instrument panel accents
* Available in Black, Bright Silver, Flame Red, Solar Yellow and Patriot Blue

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm thinking it's simply the glorified X.

What axles are under it, is it standard or auto ?
Auto. I just requested the build sheet, but think that it is a Dana 35. Been raining heavily, will get under her once it lets up some to take a peak. I asked since, when searching for parts online, I narrowed it down to Sport or X. X is what I've been going with.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Build sheets are a wonderful thing!:punk:

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
It's in your VIN :thumb:

what is the 6th number?

2 = SE
3 = X
4 = Sport
5 = Sahara
6 = Rubicon

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's in your VIN :thumb:

what is the 6th number?

2 = SE
3 = X
4 = Sport
5 = Sahara
6 = Rubicon
Did not know that, obviously. It's an X, or rather a "glorified X". :)

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was just making conversation, while waiting for my food.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Here in Canada, Wranglers were never even called "Wrangler" due to trademark issues with General Motors. We didn't start seeing "Wranglers" until the JK.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts