Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Veteran's Day to those I've served with, those who came before me, and those who continue to answer the call.

RLTW

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
tabber02 said:
Happy Veteran's Day to those I've served with, those who came before me, and those who continue to answer the call.

RLTW
I hope to need no more veterans, that implies we are killing people.

Happy Armistice Day. Let's celebrate peace, not war, eh?

·
Registered
680 Posts
happy veteran's day to those i've served with, those who came before me, and those who continue to answer the call.

Rltw
x2!!

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those veterans.. are the fine folks that keep us safe, in peace time and in war time. just remember that.

the day we don't need veteran's is the day we're not the united states of america anymore.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
tabber02 said:
those veterans.. Are the fine folks that keep us safe, in peace time and in war time. Just remember that.

The day we don't need veteran's is the day we're not the united states of america anymore.
x2

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
tabber02 said:
those veterans.. are the fine folks that keep us safe, in peace time and in war time. just remember that.

the day we don't need veteran's is the day we're not the united states of america anymore.
Agree to disagree.

1 million dead vietnemese never posed a threat to me.
Grenada
Persian Gulf

Hell, 14 Saudis attack us and 2 years later we invade THEIR enemy. Wtf is that nonsense? NO THREAT.

The US Constitution strictly forbids a standing federal army. We are not America WITH it, we are certainly the vision of the Founders without one. Perhaps if those who swore to uphold it would read it thouroghly we wouldnt have soldiers killing citizens, US and otherwise. You cannot be part of a standing army and uphold the Constitution. It is a contradiction. Need me to quote it?

"Section 8 (Power of Congress)
To Raise and Support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that use should be for a longer term than 2 years
..."

Career military officers directly violate the Constitution. Again, a stolen State right.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Agree to disagree.

Grenada
Persian Gulf

Hell, 14 Saudis attack us and 2 years later we invade THEIR enemy. Wtf is that nonsense? NO THREAT.

The US Constitution strictly forbids a standing federal army. We are not America WITH it, we are certainly the vision of the Founders without one. Perhaps if those who swore to uphold it would read it thouroghly we wouldnt have soldiers killing citizens, US and otherwise. You cannot be part of a standing army and uphold the Constitution. It is a contradiction. Need me to quote it?

To Raise and Support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that use should be for a longer term than 2 years
..."

Career military officers directly violate the Constitution. Again, a stolen State right.
move

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
harleydragon said:
Been here since 1635, sorry.

I know my rights and the limits of government. Why don't you? Or do you think deposing democratic goverments the world over is the US Armies charter?

Be a Patriot, not a nationalist.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agree to disagree.

Grenada
Persian Gulf

..."

patriot huh? let me guess, you're the guy protesting funerals for our fallen heros. you've probably never volunteered, or truly know the meaning of words like: selfless service, sacrifice, honor, integrity. anyways... it's not about you or your point of view.

it's about veterans. those select few that have, continue to, and will choose answer the call. the difference between you and I. i would die for this country. i would put my life on the line for your life, without hesitation. it's what i signed up for. it's what we all signed up for.

have a good weekend. enjoy your day off from work and thank a veteran.

best regards,
-yours truly.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
tabber02 said:
patriot huh? let me guess, you're the guy protesting funerals for our fallen heros. you've probably never volunteered, or truly know the meaning of words like: selfless service, sacrifice, honor, integrity. anyways... it's not about you or your point of view.

it's about veterans. those select few that have, continue to, and will choose answer the call. the difference between you and I. i would die for this country. i would put my life on the line for your life, without hesitation. it's what i signed up for. it's what we all signed up for.

have a good weekend. enjoy your day off from work and thank a veteran.

best regards,
-yours truly.
Yes, I volunteer regularly in my community - without compensation. Fwiw, my pov happens to mimic the US Constitution, and those who wrote it.

I do support veterans, and their sense of duty, but not the "irresponsible pride of war", as then Senator Kennedy called it. Matter of fact, my direct line fought in every US war from before the creation of the US all the way to and including the Vietnam Conflict. I remember all my kinsmen and those they fought alongside for our freedoms, but become infuriated at those who would send boys to war for needless cause or profit, as has been the case in nearly every US conflict over the past 50 years.

No, sir, you would die for your government. I will die for my country - that is the difference in you and me.

Owning a small business, I'll be at work tomorrow.

Best, and enjoy your day off.

·
Grampie
783 Posts
I want to take a moment to honor those who came before me, and those who have come after me.
Stan Surratt
1Lt, U.S. Army
1970 - 1973

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Agree to disagree.

Grenada
Persian Gulf

..."

People just want to say thanks to the veterans...way to turn it into a political thread. You are an idiot.

·
Registered
39,143 Posts
Well this thread got a wee bit off track. But anyway, thanks to all who have served, are serving, and will serve. We are free because of the brave. :flowers:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
hosejockey61 said:
People just want to say thanks to the veterans...way to turn it into a political thread. You are an idiot.
Perhaps you missed my first post. I merely meant to celebrate the end of war, not the fighting of it. That is not only the original purpose of today in the US, but still the purpose in most allied states globally.

It is like changing Lee Hwy to MLK Blvd. MLK was a great feller, but that is no reason to take away from Lee.

I have thanked my friends that served, and were any of my kinsmen that served still alive, I would have called them already, too.

Let us rise above name calling, yea?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Whether you agree or not support your veterans.
AGREE 100%:thumb:

This is a post to thank those who serve or have served our country, not a post to spout your political opinions on whether each conflict was right or wrong. It's because of these brave souls protecting our freedoms that people CAN spout their political beliefs. Show some respect for that & them and let people say THANK YOU!
It's about THOSE WHO SERVED...NOT WHAT THEY WERE ASKED TO DO!

·
Registered
66 Posts
agree 100%:thumb:

This is a post to thank those who serve or have served our country, not a post to spout your political opinions on whether each conflict was right or wrong. It's because of these brave souls protecting our freedoms that people can spout their political beliefs. Show some respect for that & them and let people say thank you!
It's about those who served...not what they were asked to do!
x2

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.