Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep,
It's been fun, but I am selling my Jeep today. Wife didn't want me getting a muscle car 5 years ago when I bought the Jeep, which is partially why I bought a Jeep. Different type of muscle!

Bought a 1966 Plymouth Satellite a couple months ago.

Had to buy wife a new engagement ring, her old one broke for a second time a couple years ago, to keep her from blowing a gasket!

Have no need for 4 vehicles, counting the Jeep, as I also have a 1965 Olds Cutlass F-85, a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix and the Plymouth. The Cutlass I have had since before we got married, so that muscle car didn't count.

Maybe someday I'll get another Jeep, but until then, I'll be mostly just a lurker here from now on.

Thanks to everyone who has ever answered any of my questions and to the forum for being a rather peaceful place without the rudeness of some forums. :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I thought of exactly that, if I would've been replying to myself!! :)

Think the Grand Prix would be a better car for that though. It has a pretty good sized trunk too.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Don't need a hood for the cutlass do you? Happen to have one around. Had a 65 but had to sell it a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
is your '66 Plymo a Hemi?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't need a hood for the cutlass do you? Happen to have one around. Had a 65 but had to sell it a couple of years ago.
Thanks, but not thanks, on the hood. Cutlass has been a finished project since I bought it in 1983. One of these days I'm going to get rid of that green color though. IMO, NO vehicle looks good green. The vehicle can look good, but green just does not do a thing for me, on a vehicle.

This vehicle only has 70,000 original miles on it.

is your '66 Plymo a Hemi?
No, has the lousy, but original, 361ci, in it! Just hit 97,000 original miles.

Both were California cars.

A friend once asked me; "Why do you drive a Jeep" ? :confused:

I replied; "Why do you have a wife" ? :p
That's a good one. :)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Oh man I might have to stay away from what you guys call wife's, they seem to be nothing but bad news :rofl:

All kidding aside I hope you end up back in a jeep! Enjoy yourself. I'm sure we will see you lurking around the forums

One last Jeep wave :wavey:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I'm the one with a wrangler in my relationship and my fiance has the sidekick, but I'd never sell my baby girl. My fiance and I would have to compromise :rofl:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually,
There is a Jeep right down the road from me that is more set up for off roading than my Jeep was. Not that I'm all into that, but the thought of a "toy" Jeep is appealing. ;)

From the looks of it just driving by and the price on the window ($2500) I'd have to get a hold of the person and find out what's wrong with it. Looks to good from a drive by, for the guy to be only asking that much. Sign in window does say "Must Go"

Oh man I might have to stay away from what you guys call wife's, they seem to be nothing but bad news :rofl:

All kidding aside I hope you end up back in a jeep! Enjoy yourself. I'm sure we will see you lurking around the forums

One last Jeep wave :wavey:
Not TOTALLY sure about the bad news, but WAY more expensive than my Jeep ever was!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Actually,
There is a Jeep right down the road from me that is more set up for off roading than my Jeep was. Not that I'm all into that, but the thought of a "toy" Jeep is appealing. ;)

From the looks of it just driving by and the price on the window ($2500) I'd have to get a hold of the person and find out what's wrong with it. Looks to good from a drive by, for the guy to be only asking that much. Sign in window does say "Must Go"

Not TOTALLY sure about the bad news, but WAY more expensive than my Jeep ever was!!
maybe he needs lawyer money for a divorce ....LOL

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nah, didn't want wife to get anymore money!!

Must admit, we do have some pretty decent comedians here!! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts