Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
December is finally here.

I hope to learn that FCA is loading the paint sprayer with Sarge Green, so I can order the Rubicon I have been waiting to buy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope that is true.

Has anyone here actually placed, and had accepted, an order with a Sarge Green paint job?

I have been waiting until it is an established color code so I can email a dozen dealers with my exact order specs.

·
Super Moderator
10,641 Posts
I have seen posts on another forum from people who have placed their order and are now waiting for delivery.

You may want to check with your Jeep dealer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have read elsewhere that some buyers have made open ended requests to purchase ASAP, but not learned of any orders that were accepted.

The nearest Jeep dealer to us is just over 120 miles away, and they may not be the one who I make a purchase from, so I have been holding off establishing contact until I know Jeep makes what I want, and I have an exact order sheet ready for gathering quotes.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
10,641 Posts
Your “120 miles from the nearest Jeep dealer” comment made me go back and take another look.

I stand corrected: no one has ordered Sarge Green yet; everyone’s getting impatient.

Gladiator is now showing a new color called Gator that has many salivating; that must be what I was thinking about. Sorry about that.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Hey Willy,

When I was ordering my Jeep the salesman was very clued into what was going on with FCA. Give him a call and ask about the Sarge Green color. He is a no BS guy with many years under his belt selling Jeeps.

Billy Hennessey
SALES - Dennis Dillon Jeep
(208) 941-4871

·
Super Moderator
10,641 Posts
Up here if you leave a White or Silver Jeep parked out in the rain long enough, it will turn some shade of green.

Don’t know it will be Sarge, though. Most likely Moss green... :D

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Up here if you leave a White or Silver Jeep parked out in the rain long enough, it will turn some shade of green.

Don’t know it will be Sarge, though. Most likely Moss green... :D
Yeah - I lived in Beaverton, OR then Vancouver, WA years ago and remember moss on everything very well.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I looked at Jeep.com to build a Jeep but Sarge is not on the color choice list. ???

·
Registered
3,569 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Website is not the Dealer System

The Build Your Jeep website is meant to connect you with a Jeep that already exists. Basically, it directs you to a dealer. Since the Sarge Green Jeeps aren't built yet, you won't find Sarge Green on the website. But the color is available for dealer ordering, now. I know this because I just ordered one.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Just took delivery:

I'm frankly giddy about how good it looks. I had thought I'd need to put 35" tires on it, but on the little 2DR the stock 33" looks fine. I'm also not into hardcore rock crawling- I really just want the Jeep to get me to remote places for hiking and such- so I doubt I'll challenge it enough to truly need something larger. Money saved.

Now for some stars on the doors, a Warn, a Maximus-3 stinger...

Maybe not money saved. ;)

The thing that really annoys me, though, is that RhinoRack has no plans for a 2DR JL backbone system. And the Maximus-3 version is not nearly as elegant.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts