Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

101 - 120 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like that they are cheap and easy to work on.

I miss my '68...lost in a fire that also consumed my Mustang.

I hate the square headlights but am too cheap to fix/do anything about it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I like my square/rectangular headlights so much, I added 2 more!

Seriously....who cares? That's what Jeep did, and that's what they came with. They give off (most of the time) light at night, Job well done. Get over it.

DSCN2586.jpg

·
Registered
283 Posts
I love my YJ and I'm currently giving it a makeover. New paint,seats,console,windsheid frame kit,soft top, and other goodies. The fun is working on them and you don't see them every 5 mins like you see JK 's

·
Registered
450 Posts
Because I like being "DIFFERENT"...What's better than 2 square headlights...4!!!
No other Renegades showed up for Go Topless Day!

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Because I like being "DIFFERENT"...What's better than 2 square headlights...4!!!
No other Renegades showed up for Go Topless Day!
Sweet! Got a write up on the conversion, type of fender, etc.?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sweet! Got a write up on the conversion, type of fender, etc.?
No conversion! Renegades were available from 91-94. It was an "Options Package" that came in around $4300 at the time. Not many produced.

Here's what it looked like "stock" when I bought it...

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Enough said, LOOK GOOD, DSCN1822.jpg

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lets get this straight, they are not square, they are OTHER THAN ROUND!!!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
No conversion! Renegades were available from 91-94. It was an "Options Package" that came in around $4300 at the time. Not many produced. Here's what it looked like "stock" when I bought it...
I see a lady driving a Renegade almost everyday on the way to work! She tips her cowboy hat when she sees me.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ya sold me.

I have a 2012 Liberty, 2001 Cherokee, 2009 Commander and Friday I bought a 92 YK. I gave $3400 for it and it drives great! HISTORIC tags were a big draw. No yearly exhaust emissions check, no state inspection and the tags are good for two years for $25! After all I have read on here, I had to have one. It was love at square lights...

These spacers they sell to be able to use different wheels and tire sizes. Does it put extra strain on the car to do that? I like the look of some of the rims/tires I have seen on here.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am currently removing the body trim and molding in preparation to sand out the two rust spots. I am going to repaint mine the original Malibu Yellow. But when it is all nice, new and shiny, will I cry the first time a branch hits it? I am thinking about also replacing all the hood stuff (hold downs, intake grille, window hinges, etc) with new stuff from Smittybilt. Too much shiny for a 23 year old YJ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
In my nissan truck I never get a nice truck!
but the jeep, that's another story...

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am currently removing the body trim and molding in preparation to sand out the two rust spots. I am going to repaint mine the original Malibu Yellow. But when it is all nice, new and shiny, will I cry the first time a branch hits it? I am thinking about also replacing all the hood stuff (hold downs, intake grille, window hinges, etc) with new stuff from Smittybilt. Too much shiny for a 23 year old YJ?
My 91 had a bunch of stainless hardware. Doesn't look right. I'm slowly replacing/painting all the shiny bits so she looks more her age.

101 - 120 of 194 Posts