Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Unfortunately...

While the Gladiator borrows its rear suspension from the Ram 1500 pickup truck, the J6 is all Wrangler underneath, so it lacks the four-door pickup’s 7,650-pound tow rating. The two-door JL Wrangler has a 2,000-pound tow rating, while the Unlimited ups that to 3,500 pounds.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't care, still want it. It'll do everything I personally need a truck to do.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Don't care, still want it. It'll do everything I personally need a truck to do.
If it does what you need it to, perfect. :thumb:

I just found the headline misleading since the Gladiator a lot of folks want is literally a two door gladiator, not a JL based pickup. Not saying the vehicle is bad itself, but for me, having the same tow rating as my JK takes me out of the market

·
Registered
177 Posts
I like the looks of this a lot. Just pop in a CD player and I'd be happy to own one of these. The worst thing about this is I would need to lose the dog or the wife. There is only room for the one co-pilot.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,388 Posts
Here's a video of Jeep's Moab Easter concepts, the J6 is in it.

The 5/4 is awesome...I would take one in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Honestly, what this makes me want more than ever is a "medium sized" 2-door soft top wrangler, kinda like an LJ.

I'm (obviously) no photshop whiz ,but you get the idea.

Reactions: bill61

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would own the J6 tomorrow if it was available. My kayak trailer is well under the 2,000 lb capacity.
Only thing I need to tow is a motorcycle trailer. Or a small utility trailer, which the box would negate.

Of course, it would cost $10K more than it should anyway.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Automobile mag has it correct- everybody wants one and they will sell dozens of them. Look at how few two-door Wranglers are sold anymore, and nobody produces a single-cab midsize pick-up anymore for a reason. The JK Short Cut was super cool, but even less practical than a regular two-door, and they were smart enough not to produce those as well. Besides, where would all the soccer moms put their Coach bags and Starbucks lattes when they haul around their 2.5 kids?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yeah, people want to carry a bunch of stuff everywhere they go. Trim down what you carry to only essentials and a two door isn't so bad. Yes, you can't carry more than two people, but that will make you choose the dog over the wife (dog doesn't complain as much). I like the J6 a lot as I think they made the wheel base a little long on the Gladiator and it hurts the breakover angle (like I'm that serious of an off-roader LOL).

·
Registered
118 Posts
I want the J6. I plan on keeping my JKUR, so I'll use it to haul more people.

The J6 is for me. Just make sure I can get it with leather, V8, and a manual. Since the JKUR is a 6spd, I 'should' get an auto so the wife can drive it in bad weather (and I drive the JKUR), but screw her.....She can learn to drive a stick or stay home.

Build the J6!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm sure you are correct about a limited number being sold. However in my area you cannot find one on a lot that hasn't been maxed out by the dealer and price pushed up. I will say I did see one 2019 sport (or sport S) on my local dealers website the other day. First two door I've seen on their lot in 1-2 years. I'm sure they have had a few but I never saw them.

Automobile mag has it correct- everybody wants one and they will sell dozens of them. Look at how few two-door Wranglers are sold anymore, and nobody produces a single-cab midsize pick-up anymore for a reason. The JK Short Cut was super cool, but even less practical than a regular two-door, and they were smart enough not to produce those as well. Besides, where would all the soccer moms put their Coach bags and Starbucks lattes when they haul around their 2.5 kids?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
and im sure people like me will find a way to take that Ram 1500 suspension and either beef it up or drop in Ram 2500 or better suspension....hell the nice thing about my F250 is I can grab parts off wreked F450s and swap them on and im good to go,yea its still F250 body/frame but my suspension is from the F450 and technically can take the rated loads of the F450....not saying I do anything to jeperdise my safety or the others around me as that is not what I want to do...but things are possible if you think things through....just give it time...

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Removable doors/roof? Not a single pic of that, so it makes me wonder. That's a must for me.
Looks like standard JL doors so those probably come off. And the seam on the top just at the bottom of the window line from the door suggests it's a removable top.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I saw this concept up close at JeepBeach this weekend and talked to the Jeep rep. Both doors and the hardtop come off. Looking out 2 years, he said this model may come to be one of their 4 new model releases/yr as promised CEO.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I saw this concept up close at JeepBeach this weekend and talked to the Jeep rep. Both doors and the hardtop come off. Looking out 2 years, he said this model may come to be one of their 4 new model releases/yr as promised CEO.
Honestly, that would suck if they did. It would pretty much guarantee no standard cab JT.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts