Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering this upgrade for the spring. Switching to the heavier bigger J8 unit bearings with 5.5x5 9/16" studs and the bigger J8 rotors and calipers as well.. Has anyone here done this conversion?..

I have all PNs. as it turns out The rotors and calipers are Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 so the only specialty parts are the Caliper carrier brackets and unit bearings...

·
Registered
738 Posts
I did the Mopar Big Brake kit with the larger Master Cylinder, larger Brake Booster and larger calipers and rotors.

I don't remember anything about wheels bearings and studs
with this kit....?

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a different animal. The J8 conversion is a bigger unit bearing that requires a bigger rotor and caliper to fit. The factory JK rotor will not fit, even if the rotor is redrilled to the 5.5x5 bolt pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm thinking about doing that conversion before I get my new wheels, keep us informed please.

·
Registered
738 Posts
That's a different animal. The J8 conversion is a bigger unit bearing that requires a bigger rotor and caliper to fit. The factory JK rotor will not fit, even if the rotor is redrilled to the 5.5x5 bolt pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok thanks...when you do the install please keep,us informed and post up some photos. Thanks!

·
Registered
827 Posts
THe Mopar BBK is essentially the calipers, master & booster from the J8, with the exception of the rotor, which is from the export BR6 13" brake option. You can swap in the BBK, just get the J8 rotors separately along with the unit bearing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts