Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the J8 master cylinder and booster is one of the better routes to go for the brakes I'm running.
P5160050
however I run an AEV hemi. Anyone out there running the J8 setup with an hemi? does the booster fit?
or- anyone have the J8 booster that is willing to pull a few measurements off of it for me so I can see if it will fit? The AEV kit moves the steering shaft closer to the booster and thats the concern. Anyone pull a diameter and width off the J8 booster for me?
thanks

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'd like to expand this thread a little to discuss the J8 setup in more detail as well as other MC options.

Other forums and additional research has suggested that the '11 Nitro/Liberty MC is a viable replacement and improvement in that is has a 1 1/16" bore compared to the JK 1" bore.

However, the references I have found look at this from the standpoint of the pre-2012 JK models. I do not know if the MC was changed when the 3.6L arrived in 2012.

Obviously the Terraflex MC is an option for an upgrade but if the Nitro/Liberty MC's are basically the same, why not save the $130 +/-

Lets hear about some real experiences with the J8, the Nitro, Hemi engine swap issues, manual vs. automatic since the MC also serves as the reservoir for the hydraulic clutch assembly etc.

I think it would be an interesting discussion.

·
Registered
995 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked with a few people running j8 setup with a manual. all you need is a little motorcycle clutch reservoir. find a spot and zip tie, thats the route im going.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Anyone have info on the 2012 up MC & if it was changed when the 3.6 was included?

I'm not sure if the TF MC would be beneficial as a replacement on the post-2012 models.

Real life data?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts