Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JKU running 2" lift and 35" Nittos. Will the factory jack work or do I need a Hi-Lift jack. If I go Hi-Lift it will be a 48" but which version. Is the steel / cast as good as the cast version. I will not be doing crazy stuff, just fixing flats on logging roads ect.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would only know to go by the specifications.

The steel cast is good for:
Occasional typical use (lifting, winching, clamping)

The cast is good for occasional use plus:
*Regular typical use (lifting, winching, clamping)
*Occasional rugged use (spreading, vehicle recovery)
, vehicle recovery)

Sounds like the cast is much tougher. Looking at the specs, they are the same 7000lb jack. Both product pages indicate the same recommended uses. I would probably get the all cast just because it is a one time expense, more durable (I suppose) and I like the color red for a jack. For casual use it appears either will do.

If you are leaving it on the outside of the vehicle, I would go with all cast. Even if the surface rust, there is much more metal to rust before it weakens the jack.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a JKU running 2" lift and 35" Nittos. Will the factory jack work or do I need a Hi-Lift jack. If I go Hi-Lift it will be a 48" but which version. Is the steel / cast as good as the cast version. I will not be doing crazy stuff, just fixing flats on logging roads ect.
For what you are describing you only need the AEV jack base (extension). I'd you are going rock crawling on very uneven surfaces then a Hi-Lift might be a better option.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
For what you are describing you only need the AEV jack base (extension). I'd you are going rock crawling on very uneven surfaces then a Hi-Lift might be a better option.
X2

I use the AEV base & place Jack under the axle for roadway tire changes. Off road driving I carry a Hi-lift Jack.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Before getting the Hi-Lift, make sure you have good jacking points for it. Stock Jeeps with stock bumpers do not.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now I have stock bumpers but looking at an AEV front bumper for the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts