Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just bought a 2016 Wrangler Unlimited. I live in an area where flats are a way of life. I need a recommendation for a jack that will lift the Jeep high enough to change a tire both safely and easily on poor, uneven roads. I really appreciate any help with this as I have no idea what I need.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Reactions: Digger70

·
Registered
877 Posts
Here is the AEV Jack Base that works with the factory scissors jack. I have one, have not had to use it, and it stows in the well under the back floor panel.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The AEV base and your stock Jack will work just fine. Have used mine a few times on the trail.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I use a 6-ton bottle jack. I also have the jack extensions and saddles marketed by Bogert Manufacturing (SafeJack), but these are an option unnecessary for most people.

The commercial jack bases by AEV and Hi-Lift are great, but one can accomplish the same thing with a 12" square of 3/4" or 1" scrap plywood and a few pieces of scrap 2x lumber.

Before you consider buying a Hi-Lift jack you should be clear that these are not the right tool for changing tires and the most overrated tool you you are likely to ever own. The money would be better spent elsewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts