Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered new 6-ton jack stands so that I can lift my jku but the box was ripped and a piece was missing. This leaves my with only my 16.5" tall 3-ton stands. Will these get by or am I stuck having to pick up new ones in the morning?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think you'll get by, but not by much. I had 3 ton jack stands to do my lift and I think their max extension was about 17". I wished I had larger ones, but was too lazy to go out and buy them since I already had them under the Jeep.

·
Super Moderator
23,770 Posts
I just installed 2 lifts today and no way no how would I use 3 ton stands. I have 6 ton stands and they are the bare minimum. Harbor freight has them cheap and so does sears.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Same here: Used 3 ton stands to install my springs and shocks all around. No problems. Would a little extra height be beneficial? Absolutely. It's not a necessity, however.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wound up getting some from harbor freight, like me they were on sale for $50. I tried my 3-tons to just to see and on the highest setting the wheels were still on the ground, I could have worked around it but the extra space was nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts